No announcement yet.

ASUS EC Sensors Linux Driver Adding Support For The ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS EC Sensors Linux Driver Adding Support For The ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI

Phoronix: ASUS EC Sensors Linux Driver Adding Support For The ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI

For those with an ASUS ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI motherboard or thinking of getting one for this high-end AMD Ryzen 7000 series platform, the Linux support is taking another small step forward...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

so slap a $400 price tag on a motherboard and call it "creator"? you could buy an entire fully-functioning pc with that budget.

last i checked most creators do just fine with laptops

Comment

Originally posted by ol3geezer View Post
      so slap a $400 price tag on a motherboard and call it "creator"? you could buy an entire fully-functioning pc with that budget.

I think you only buy a motherboard like this if you want/need something like a 10Gbit/s network connection.
      Or 1-4 M.2 solts on board.
      If you need features like this, the price isn't too bad.​

Comment

i like asus. looking forward to their x870e ws series board. probably will cost more than $400 by a long shot. will be worth it.

Comment

That's a premium mobo with 10g ethernet, 16+2 power phases and x670 chipset. Don't expect it to be cheap. Sure you can shitpost on phoronix on your raspberry pi 3 for a price of a cup of starbucks coffee.​

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
          i like asus. looking forward to their x870e ws series board. probably will cost more than $400 by a long shot. will be worth it.
          Yeah, I also love their scammy warranty policy.

Comment

ASUS EC is a thing I usually blacklist. Even in Windows if you run HWinfo they suggest to disable it as the polling causes mad latency problems, basically stutter. The LPC controller from Nuvoton/ITE etc you have on board is okay already...

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post

Sure you can shitpost on phoronix on your raspberry pi 3 for a price of a cup of starbucks coffee.​
              Actually, just to fact check this:

The Starbucks® Iced Coffee Blend Clover Vertica™ (Venti) with mocha drizzle and white chocolate mocha sauce is only $7.95 (very affordable and reasonable). A raspberry pi 3 retails for $25 which is in a completely different price league. You can get 3 cups of coffee for that price.

Comment

Actually, just to fact check this:

The Starbucks® Iced Coffee Blend Clover Vertica™ (Venti) with mocha drizzle and white chocolate mocha sauce is only $7.95 (very affordable and reasonable). A raspberry pi 3 retails for $25 which is in a completely different price league. You can get 3 cups of coffee for that price.
                Sounds like a First World problem to me ... followed by senseless splitting of hairs in the remainder of the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

Sounds like a First World problem to me ... followed by senseless splitting of hairs in the remainder of the comment.
                  That terminology is a little outdated. First, second and third world terminology comes from the USSR (CCCP in Russian) days. First world countries are the western countries you'd expect such as the United States, Canada, and Western European nations. Second world referred to the Soviet Union and its allies during the Cold War, encompassing Eastern European countries and some others aligned with communist ideology. Third world originally denoted countries unaligned with either bloc, often less economically developed nations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.​

Thus it is not accurate to refer to developing nations as third world. In the past, traditionally third-world countries were often economically undeveloped but the world state is completely different now. The USSR is gone and we live in a globalized world.

Comment

The word "workstation" doesn't come to mind for boards like this that use platforms / CPUs with piddly PCIe lane counts and have one or two PCIe slots. This thing can do one slot at x16 or two at x8. Whenever PCIe 5 gpus land, you'll be looking at zero PCIe expansion possible while running your card at x16. I know I complain about this frequently, but I'd be happy to spend that much on a board if the overall platform offered the same bandwidth but laid out as 1 x16 PCIe 4.0, 1 x8 PCIe 4.0, and 2 x4 PCIe 4.0 slots. These consumer platforms suck for expansion.

Comment

Working...
                    X