One Of Intel's Newest Open-Source Projects Is A New Font For Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Of Intel's Newest Open-Source Projects Is A New Font For Developers

Phoronix: One Of Intel's Newest Open-Source Projects Is A New Font For Developers

A recent Intel open-source project that went under my radar until now (and seemingly many others) is Intel One Mono, a new font catering to developers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yep...it's a monospace font all right. And it looks just like all the others. Does it even have ligatures?

Comment

Intel priorities right now

7ohde6.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bachchain View Post
        Yep...it's a monospace font all right. And it looks just like all the others. Does it even have ligatures?
        Agreed. It doesn't seem to offer anything new compared to what we have already. If it actually does, then they should really communicate specifically about that.

Comment

My "eye memory" likes "Ubuntu Mono Regular", usually 14 point at 140 weight, depending on the monitor's PPI. One of the first things I do when bringing up any distro, including Rocky, Alpine, Manjaro, etc., is (figure out how to) install it as my terminal font and code-editor font. The "Hack" font is a pretty good second choice for me.

Comment

Apparently I'm not the only clueless one, seriously, how is it better than the other ones? Or, what's wrong with other ones so that Intel had to make its own?

Comment

Will these work on my AMD system?

Comment

Originally posted by igxqrrl View Post
                Will these work on my AMD system?
                My favourite comment so far :-)

Comment

Should've called it "Spectre Mono"

Comment

Oh, goody, just what the world needed... another font which at a glance has minimal if any distinguishing features from dozens (if not hundreds) of others!

I think I use perhaps four fonts on a regular basis: Times New Roman, Helvetica (figures for journals usually still demand this), Courier New (it's the monospace font my brain is most comfortable with in Windows) and MesloNF (for my terminal). But I view a few more: Noto Sans is the default font in Cinnamon (Mint) so I see that all the time, and Calibri (which I dislike greatly) but Microsoft seems to really love it - I changed my Word templates to use Times, and they still occasionally decide, "Nope, Calibri for you! You will do what you are told!".

Comment

Working...
                    X