Debian 12 "Bookworm" Set For Release Next Week With Around 100 Known Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 12 "Bookworm" Set For Release Next Week With Around 100 Known Bugs

Phoronix: Debian 12 "Bookworm" Set For Release Next Week With Around 100 Known Bugs

Debian 12 remains on track for releasing next week even with around 100 known RC bugs that likely won't be resolved pre-release. The Debian release team says overall things are on-track...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

now it's only the unknown bugs we have to be worried about!

Comment

can't wait for the posters on my forum to enjoy a nice day-long downtime as I inevitably cause massive breakage upgrading

Comment

Now that I've finally stopped confusing Buster and Bullseye, a new B-name drops…

Comment

Known and unknown...

Is this usual or Debian is becoming as buggy as Ubuntu or what?

Comment

Got a ZFS NAS with Debian 11.

I will wait for that point release, 12.1.

Comment

It really depends what the bugs are, doesn't it? I can live with "minor glitch in display of hamburger menu in gedit" level things, but, "hoses filesystem randomly" is another thing all together...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                Is this usual or Debian is becoming as buggy as Ubuntu or what?
                Nah, this is a normal part of Debian's release process. There will always be bugs. The goal isn't so much perfection as it is normalcy.

But that said, it is often a good idea to wait for the first point release before updating any Debian installations. A lot of unexpected conflicts can arise from dragging every piece of software two years forward into the future all at once.

Comment

Oh no, not bugs. I only use software that never has any bugs.

That's why birdie and I only use software from Google and IBM. Because they neve have bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                    Oh no, not bugs. I only use software that never has any bugs.

That's why birdie and I only use software from Google and IBM. Because they neve have bugs.
                    We need a "laughed so hard I made my colleagues in the next office ask what was so funny" addition to the "Like" function.

Comment

Working...
                    X