Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Kernel Drama: AMD's Spectral Chicken

Phoronix: Linux Kernel Drama: AMD's Spectral Chicken

There's a bit of Linux kernel code for AMD Zen 2 processors called the "spectral chicken" and a call for cleaning up that code, which was originally written by an Intel Linux engineer, has been rejected...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Made me laugh. +1 for Peter Zijlstra. If AMD wants to name variables, they should contribute the code first.

Comment

What an eggstorm.

Comment

I certainly hope AMD will stick with the name, its a great name.

Comment

It's just a fun peck, don't get your feathers ruffled. I think it's eggcellent.

Comment

As someone who has to deal with "creative" environment variables, I approve the renaming.

Better readability for the future is more important than reiterate some sarcasm.

Peter had his time to vent his anger when implemented, now move on!

Comment

"Spectral Chicken!" Hahaha funny!

Comment

I got a good laugh out of
                To which Petkov raised that it's unlikely Peter will ever need to write such code again, to which Thomas Gleixner called that a purely speculative assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by euduvda View Post
                  As someone who has to deal with "creative" environment variables, I approve the renaming.

Better readability for the future is more important than reiterate some sarcasm.
                  It is not sarcasm, it is a chicken mode to deal with spectre, hence spectral chicken mode..

Comment

We've not had it so good in Linux land since the heady days of Beefy Miracle, which is yet to be topped.

Comment

Working...
                    X