Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• systemd 253 RC1 Released With New "ukify" Tool

Phoronix: systemd 253 RC1 Released With New "ukify" Tool

Systemd developers today released their first release candidate of the upcoming systemd 253 feature release, which introduces a new "ukify" tool and has many other changes for this dominant Linux init system...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/systemd-253-rc1

Each new version of it brings less and less trust for me!

Comment

'ukify' sounds like a feature that changes your wallpaper to Ukraine flag every boot

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
        'ukify' sounds like a feature that changes your wallpaper to Ukraine flag every boot
        I was thinking that it'd set you English UK locales and rename log out to Brexit.

Comment

I thought they added a feature to cook you a small but not filling breakfast

Comment

Got to wonder how many years they are going to spend trying to get oom-D right. Can't say they weren't warned about extending into areas that would cause never-ending trouble. 'Do one thing and do it well' isn't really a unix principle, but it is a wise proverb for programmers to live by who don't want to waste their lives fixing problems unnecessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
              Got to wonder how many years they are going to spend trying to get oom-D right. Can't say they weren't warned about extending into areas that would cause never-ending trouble. 'Do one thing and do it well' isn't really a unix principle, but it is a wise proverb for programmers to live by who don't want to waste their lives fixing problems unnecessarily.
              So what exactly does systemd-oomd do, other than oom-D?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I was thinking that it'd set you English UK locales and rename log out to Brexit.
                Someone should do that on Nigel Farage's computer

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

Someone should do that on Nigel Farage's computer
                  Oh if i woild have access to this shills Computer....im not even a brit.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Brexiteers Linux ...you can only Browser the web on .com and .UK sites

Comment

Working...
                    X