Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 2.1 Released With HDR Support, Many Game Improvements

Phoronix: DXVK 2.1 Released With HDR Support, Many Game Improvements

DXVK 2.1 has just been released as this Direct3D 9/10/11 to Vulkan API translation layer that is most notably used by Valve's Steam Play (Proton) for helping to run Windows games with great speed on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This version in my case solve blue flickering present in deadpool

but another titles still have crashes in my case like: farcry 3, anno 1701, anno 1404 and others

and have another interesting issue related non directly with dxvk but affect old titles especially dx8, this are D8VK:

Direct3D 8 to Vulkan translation for DXVK! Contribute to AlpyneDreams/d8vk development by creating an account on GitHub.

Last edited by pinguinpc; 24 January 2023, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Are there plans to merge Dx8 support from D8VK into the official DXVK?
      It would be cool to have "a wrapper to rule them all" DirectX versions

Comment

It looks like vkd3d-proton-2.8 and dxvk-2.1 were the missing pieces left that I needed to get FF7R from Epic running with 2K60 HDR on Linux. I noticed that only the in-game HDR Brightness slider seems affect how it looks and that the others don't. Whatever the case, it's clearly working and seems to be working just fine once I turned the brightness down to meet my TV.

Many thanks and gratitude

Can't wait to try see what else works

EDIT: Just thought I'd update the post to say that all the sliders in the game work. It was just hard to tell if the luminosity slider was doing anything on that particular scene I was playing around with the sliders on. Testing again with the debug heatmap showed it obviously working.
        Last edited by skeevy420; 30 January 2023, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rccero View Post
          Are there plans to merge Dx8 support from D8VK into the official DXVK?
          It would be cool to have "a wrapper to rule them all" DirectX versions
          Interesting. Never heard of d8vk. Is it in good shape to run something like Freelancer?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Interesting. Never heard of d8vk. Is it in good shape to run something like Freelancer?
            Actually in my tests (future videos) many games begin work

others have crash case bloodrayne 1 and 2 or other with rare issues but more related with sound case the house of the dead 3

Last edited by pinguinpc; 24 January 2023, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I wonder how HDR is handled, it would be nice if MPV could use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                What do you mean by handled?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

What do you mean by handled?
                  I mean how the application sends the HDR metadata to the compositor.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                    It already can use it, just from console and NOT from Xorg/Wayland.

Comment

Working...
                    X