Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 8.0-rc5 Released With Just Nine Bugs Fixed

Phoronix: Wine 8.0-rc5 Released With Just Nine Bugs Fixed

Work on Wine 8.0 is winding down and it looks like the stable release could be out next week or otherwise very soon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any idea if Internet Explorer 9 or 10 will work with wine?

I have business software that relies on that junk and I can't fully switch away from windows until 8 can run it

Comment

Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post

I have business software that relies on that junk and I can't fully switch away from windows until 8 can run it
      Have you tried to change the UserAgent in your current browser? For example using the UserAgent Switcher for Chrome? Or does the site use ActiveX and other IE specific technologies and hacks?

Comment

Originally posted by hjahre View Post

Have you tried to change the UserAgent in your current browser? For example using the UserAgent Switcher for Chrome? Or does the site use ActiveX and other IE specific technologies and hacks?
        Sadly that doesn't work.. there is a program I have to install that uses IE so I guess it's like a plugin for IE... So I keep waiting for the company to upgrade or support for IE

Comment

Those wine devs are running out of bugs to fix. They'll have to start a new project - maybe they'll make a new init system. Then in a few years they can all get hired by Microsoft. The circle of wine life will be complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoronix
            Dark Solus: Remastered
            I'm going with this being a typo and not a guess at the name for Solus 4.4

Comment

Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post

The answer to that is
              Open Source Software for running Windows applications on other operating systems.

Sold most likely 9 and 10 don't work. Why not 100 percent not work is no recent testing.

Now there are a lot of programs that under windows require 9 and 10 internet explorer that happen to work with wine due to wine gecko and wine shims to replace internet explorer.

Yes just because application has dependency on internet explorer does not mean internet explorer is need under wine and there are quite a lot of applications like that.

I cannot promise the application you need to work will work with wine + wine gecko but it is worth a shot.

Comment

But can it run itunes yet?

Comment

Originally posted by poncho524 View Post
                  But can it run itunes yet?
                  Open Source Software for running Windows applications on other operating systems.

Has not been testing in quite some time. You need to be lot more clear than just will it runs. Yes last test running with result just above garbage being Bronze so it run with stacks not working.

Comment

Looks like new Wine 8.0 will be part of up the upcoming Ubuntu 23.04 "Lunar Lobster".
                    Good to see Ubuntu finally ship with a modern version of Wine!

Comment

Working...
                    X