Microsoft's "Dzn" Mesa Code Achieving 99.75%+ Vulkan 1.0 Conformance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft's "Dzn" Mesa Code Achieving 99.75%+ Vulkan 1.0 Conformance

Phoronix: Microsoft's "Dzn" Mesa Code Achieving 99.75%+ Vulkan 1.0 Conformance

Microsoft's Dozen "Dzn" code within Mesa is a Vulkan implementation built atop Direct3D 12 for enjoying this modern industry-standard graphics/compute API atop Microsoft's D3D12 API, should the system lack an underlying native Vulkan driver or in cases like using Windows Subsystem for Linux. Dozen is now above 99% for its conformance pass rate for Vulkan 1.0 and more of Vulkan 1.1 is now being worked on by Microsoft's engineers that contribute the open-source code to Mesa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think you by mistake wrote '>' instead of '>'
    for the link to "Mesa-Adds-Xbox-GDK".
    So the hyperlink is broken.

Comment

I wonder what the performance of Vulkan on the Xbox would be like with this?

If its "good enough," that would be a huge incentive for dev adoption.

Comment

Originally posted by brucethemoose View Post
        I wonder what the performance of Vulkan on the Xbox would be like with this?

If its "good enough," that would be a huge incentive for dev adoption.
        so far it isn't "good enough" even on PC, but its likely that it will "one day" but even if it's not "good enough" for many games, I know a lot of people want to migrate to vulkan for indie games, as more game engines support it, since GLES is a pain to work with leaving vulkan and wgpu the only real crossplatform apis that aren't a pain to deal with.

Comment

Google's Play Games for PC (HPE) uses Venus+ANGLE Vulkan. Microsoft should learn from Google and use Venus+Zink as the graphics driver for WSL. Venus already implements Vulkan 1.3, and can also implement OpenGL 4.6 and OpenGL ES 3.2 if using Zink. Some people may say that Windows ARM does not have a Vulkan driver, which is obviously a Microsoft problem.

Comment

So can you now have OpenGL on top of Vulkan on top of DirectX 12?

Comment

Originally posted by davibu View Post
              I think you by mistake wrote '>' instead of '>'
              for the link to "Mesa-Adds-Xbox-GDK".
              So the hyperlink is broken.
              I think you by mistake wrote '>' instead of '<' for the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                So can you now have OpenGL on top of Vulkan on top of DirectX 12?
                then you can run vkd3d for an graphics loop and get a free gpu

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

then you can run vkd3d for an graphics loop and get a free gpu
                  You mean a free home heater ?

Comment

Working...
                  X