Mold 1.10 Released With Few New Features For This High Speed Linker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mold 1.10 Released With Few New Features For This High Speed Linker

Phoronix: Mold 1.10 Released With Few New Features For This High Speed Linker

Mold 1.10 was released today by lead developer Rui Ueyama as the newest version of this high speed linker that has been outperforming GNU Gold and LLVM LLD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

We're still talking outperforming as in linking speed and nothing else, right?

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
      It's a linker, what else is there to talk about? It won't optimize your code, it won't overclock your CPU...

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
        Yes, something quite vital during debug builds when using C++ or Rust with any bigger dependency tree (although there are dynlinking workarounds you can try too).

I find mold to be a godsend and honestly with them best. I hope they can keep things open for OSS and get success with their commercial model.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

It's a linker, what else is there to talk about? It won't optimize your code, it won't overclock your CPU...
          Sure. It won't optimize your code, but there are optimizations to be made in the linking stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post

I hope they can keep things open for OSS and get success with their commercial model.
            It’s FOSS, or F for short, not OSS. As in “There is only one good type of software, F.”

Comment

I'll take 90% of the gains with lld, without the portability issues with mold and it's dependencies.

Comment

In my experience, Mold is working very well for Godot engine development (working on the engine's C++ source code, that is). Combined with running SCons via Pyston, it's fast enough to make iteration times actually feel like I'm working on a CMake-based project

Comment

How is that dev able to provide a commercial solution or sell the copyright of the project if he himself does not own 100% of it? Afaik, there isn't a CLA or similar, and there are still some contributors to mold. Does he remove all contributions from others in the commercial license solution?

Comment

Originally posted by cooperate View Post
                    How is that dev able to provide a commercial solution or sell the copyright of the project if he himself does not own 100% of it? Afaik, there isn't a CLA or similar, and there are still some contributors to mold. Does he remove all contributions from others in the commercial license solution?
                    I cannot find it right now, but I'm pretty sure that when I contributed to mold, I had to agree that the author may distribute the change under the commercial license.

Comment

Working...
                    X