Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
    lmao typical linux user response
    Hardly a Linux user anymore since I switched to Nvidia. Their Windows driver is way better and, well, as is Windows 11 than Linux desktop. It even survived my temporary switch from Intel to AMD BugZen and back without breaking a sweat. I know, not impressive to Linux folks. I expected it to fail too. But it didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      It's the same issue. And no, I won't report hopeless cases. This isn't Mesa where I'd get a human response and asked to try a fix after bisecting it...
      Then why are you crying? Attention whore? Get lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        Then why are you crying? Attention whore? Get lost.
        Doesn't change that Nvidia Linux drivers don't fix breakage of several games over months. And no, just booting Linux to see what's still broken and talk about is valid too. It's people like you who hurt Linux experience by concealing its flaws.

Comment

It's obvious that if a driver has issues, those issues must be fixed.

Comment

I use two nvidia gpu's one is a 1060 laptop and one is a 3090ti desktop it seems I got lucky with those as I have not found any crippling bug for me and my use case. The laptop has been in use for six or seven years now using arch. The desktop has been in use since last August. So far the on the laptop the only games I played were doom 2016 version, pillars of eternity , and tails of arise, on the desktop the only games I have played so far are final fantasy 7 intergrade and shadow of the tomb raider.

On the 3090ti I do notice that gpu clock speeds are higher by default on linux than on windows. 2070mhz linux vs 1905mhz on windows gpu ram speeds are the same. I am glad the nvidia drivers keep improving. I hope more bugs get fixed for people who's use case has bugs.

The only reason I got a 3090ti was because I needed to test some 12vhpwr cables from seasonic. Otherwise I would have ended up with a 6950xt.

Comment

Working...
            X