Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.2-rc4 Released - "Bang In The Middle Of A Regular RC"

Phoronix: Linux 6.2-rc4 Released - "Bang In The Middle Of A Regular RC"

Due to Linus Torvalds traveling later in the day, he's released Linux 6.2-rc4 a half-day early as the latest weekly snapshot of Linux 6.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It would be great if Debian developers will choose this kernel version for the next release this year.
    Hopefully the kernel developers will make it LTS and everything will be great.

Comment

6.2 has been unusually unstable for me, guess ill give this one a go.

Comment

Anyone have any advice, speaking of kernels…
        anytime I attempt to build/install a v6 kernel over a fips system, I always get kernel panics..
        without fips, work just fine.. (through 6.1 anyway). always has to do with crc32 intel something something, can’t remember the exact line.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          It would be great if Debian developers will choose this kernel version for the next release this year.
          Hopefully the kernel developers will make it LTS and everything will be great.
          I guess that Debian might stick with 6.1 because that is a LTS one but 6.2 is certainly an interesting kernel release. This my hope is still that that they might go with 6.2 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Amano View Post

I guess that Debian might stick with 6.1 because that is a LTS one but 6.2 is certainly an interesting kernel release. This my hope is still that that they might go with 6.2 as well.
            AFAIK, nobody declared 6.1 a LTS kernel, so my hope is that 6.2 will be declared as LTS and Debian uses that.
            6.2 has a ton of bug fixes and really important improvements and would be much better to be the LTS one and the one used by Debian.
            Besides, it has newer hardware support.

Comment

I was so sure that it was declared stable. Obviously I was wrong. Well, let's wait and see...

Comment

Working...
              X