AMD Ryzen 5 7600 / Ryzen 7 7700 / Ryzen 9 7900 Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r1348 View Post

The non-X CPUs can be overclocked too, there's nothing artifically blocking that. Of course, you shouldn't expect the same results of the X CPUs.
    Are you sure? The article states: "These non-X series CPUs do support overclocking."

Edit: oh, I somehow read "no overclocking", sorry.

But now I see the picture from AMD, you can at least enable PBO which removes the standard power limits. That still wouldn't allow undervolting or tuning freq/voltage manually?
    Last edited by Anux; 09 January 2023, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post

Are you sure? The article states: "These non-X series CPUs do support overclocking."
      But now I see the picture from AMD, you can at least enable PBO which removes the standard power limits. That still wouldn't allow undervolting or tuning freq/voltage manually?
      The only mainstream CPUs from AMD that do not support overclocking are the X3D models because of their voltage constrains.

Just go to AMD's website. They are marked as "unlocked" because they are unlocked. The 5800X3D is not marked as unlocked because it is not. It's that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilHowl View Post

The only mainstream CPUs from AMD that do not support overclocking are the X3D models because of their voltage constrains.

Just go to AMD's website. They are marked as "unlocked" because they are unlocked. The 5800X3D is not marked as unlocked because it is not. It's that easy.
        Yeah sorry, I just cleaned my eyes with soap and noticed that I wrote total bullshit.

Comment

Hm, Michael had to throw a lot of game testing on low to bring a 7600 up to par with the 12600k. Quite a weak showing from AMD. Not unexpectedly, the 7600X wasn't a great pick either. Imho, it doesn't really matter how good your high-end parts are, it's these $200-ish parts you want to get right, they'll bring in most of the $$$.

Comment

The Intel CPUs performing bad in gaming is purely the fault of intels scheduler. The more extrem your settings are the less of a difference you will see between the CPUs.

Comment

I really want a 5800X3D.

Comment

I am really looking forward to seeing the X3D benchmarks when they can be done. Should be interesting on the 7900X3D and 7950X3D as only 1 ccd has the 3dv cache vs the 7700x3d which all the cores have direct access to it. Scheduling those should be real fun for whomever responsible for figuring that out.

Comment

Like the dark background for the charts. Unfortunately with dark mode already turned on my phone the text to the left of each chart is completely unreadable. Even at full zoom the text is hardly readable. The names of the CPU models are barely a grayscale above the solid black background of the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    Hm, Michael had to throw a lot of game testing on low to bring a 7600 up to par with the 12600k. Quite a weak showing from AMD. Not unexpectedly, the 7600X wasn't a great pick either. Imho, it doesn't really matter how good your high-end parts are, it's these $200-ish parts you want to get right, they'll bring in most of the $$$.
                    12600k is a dead platform and draw lot more power, 7600 get close enough and uses lot less power and AM5 still have few generations ahead.

So pick your poison, the 7600 is fine as it is and will prolly go down in price in the near future

Comment

Any info about temperatures? I really like the lower power draws, but am wondering if this also means a much lower temperature?

Comment

Working...
                      X