Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Announces 13th Gen Core Mobile CPUs, 35 & 65 Watt Raptor Lake Desktop CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Announces 13th Gen Core Mobile CPUs, 35 & 65 Watt Raptor Lake Desktop CPUs

Phoronix: Intel Announces 13th Gen Core Mobile CPUs, 35 & 65 Watt Raptor Lake Desktop CPUs

Intel is using the CES 2023 to announce their 13th Gen Intel Core mobile H/P/U-series processors, additional 13th Gen Core "Raptor Lake" desktop CPUs for the 35 and 65 Watt tiers, and new Intel Processor (formerly Celeron) and Core i3 N-series processors.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A threaded quadcore 13100 without the asymmetry of E-cores sounds about right as a trivial desktop CPU.

Comment

I hate to rain on Intel's parade, but these seem... boring?

There could be a variant with a huge IGP and a fat SoC cache. Or maybe a p core only, avx 512 stacked cache variant for ST performance. Or an E-core happy die for huge MT performance.

I guess niche SKUs will be more practical when Intel starts using tiles, but it still seems like Intel could afford 1 relatively experimental die :/. Maybe we will get a quarter or a half of Sapphire Rapids with HBM, since that die is already done.
      Last edited by brucethemoose; 03 January 2023, 12:28 PM.

Comment

BIG yawn at this Intel release.

Comment

The E-core only processors are interesting, but that's because the previous Tremont cores were so inadequate compared to the new Gracemont cores.

Most important is that they finally have AVX and AVX2 along with finally offering 8-core versions.
          L1 is doubled, L2 is more than doubled, and an additional 2MB to L3.
          500-600MHz higher turbo frequencies
          Gen12 graphics over Gen11, which means they now have AV1 decoding and native FP64 support.
          Still staying within the same power envelope compared to Goldmont Plus and Tremont.

Will be interesting to see the performance uplift for mini PCs/routers using the newer processors, the battery life for ultrathins, how they compare to the Ryzen 3 5300U/5400U plus other Lucienne-U and Cezanne-U processors, and the delta when compared to the i3-13100 SKUs that have P-cores.

Comment

Originally posted by Namelesswonder View Post
            The E-core only processors are interesting, but that's because the previous Tremont cores were so inadequate compared to the new Gracemont cores.

Most important is that they finally have AVX and AVX2 along with finally offering 8-core versions.
            Gen12 graphics over Gen11, which means they now have AV1 decoding and native FP64 support.
            Still staying within the same power envelope compared to Goldmont Plus and Tremont.

Will be interesting to see the performance uplift for mini PCs/routers using the newer processors, the battery life for ultrathins, how they compare to the Ryzen 3 5300U/5400U plus other Lucienne-U and Cezanne-U processors, and the delta when compared to the i3-13100 SKUs that have P-cores.
            Yeah, those e-core only CPUs are probably faster than the Haswell/Skylake/Zen 1 dies many phoronix readers are running, especially when you take the graphics/decode into account.

Comment

Precisely my thoughts:
              The Core i9 13980HX has a 55 Watt base power rating and 157 Watt max turbo power rating... A lot more than the Ryzen 9 6900HX and Apple M1/M2 SoCs...
              They really need to improve their efficiency.
              M1 pro offers great performance and battery life on MBP14", no Intel notebook can reach the same levels of perf/watt.

Comment

Looks like it's finally time to upgrade my Celeron n3450 desktop. Would be interesting to see how n100 compares at same 6w tdp. Let's just hope that some nuc products with n100 will be available still in this year ...

Comment

Originally posted by Namelesswonder View Post

Yeah Jasper Lake is kind of a let down. I have a quad core Jasper Lake pentium, but surprisingly it plays RuneLite better than my old work MacBook Pro does that costs way way more!

Comment

That boost TDP, though. 157W on a "55W" chip. Even briefly, that's going to strain battery, VRMs and cooling solution.

Comment

Working...
                    X