Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Announces 13th Gen Core Mobile CPUs, 35 & 65 Watt Raptor Lake Desktop CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logical View Post

We use quite a few Gemini Lake systems here and I've never seen that issue.
    Just because you have never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

I'm not sure if I'd trust a performance benchmark on Tremont and Goldmont on Linux.

One big reason I switched to Windows on my Apollo Lake and Gemini Lake machines is that I found Linux to boot up and work well for a while, but after a few hours of use performance drops to a point where the whole OS feels completely sluggish even though there's more than 50% of idle CPU resources. The only way out of this is to reboot the system after which Linux again performs well for a few hours before becoming sluggish, rinse and repeat.

This never ever happens on Windows.
      AFAIK, Linux didn't like > ~85% filled RAM with no swap. I've multiple crash (i5-7200u) caused by RAM almost filled. Maybe that's your problem too?

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post

AFAIK, Linux didn't like > ~85% filled RAM with no swap. I've multiple crash (i5-7200u) caused by RAM almost filled. Maybe that's your problem too?
        I have swap. 8 + 8.

So it's definitely not an issue with swapping.And besides, the swap partition wasn't even touched at the time the system started to lag badly as reported by free -h.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

I have swap. 8 + 8.

So it's definitely not an issue with swapping.And besides, the swap partition wasn't even touched at the time the system started to lag badly as reported by free -h.
          Noted. I never have that problem, so can't help.

Comment

Working...
          X