Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.1 Released With MGLRU, Initial Rust Code

Phoronix: Linux 6.1 Released With MGLRU, Initial Rust Code

Linus Torvalds just released Linux 6.1 as stable!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wonderful, this is a truly amazing release!

Comment

It’s quite a historical moment for Linux.

Can’t wait to see how rust drivers evolve.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
        It’s quite a historical moment for Linux.

Can’t wait to see how rust drivers evolve.
        They'll oxidize even further, become very brittle and start to disintegrate, and one day there will be nothing left but dust in the wind.

Comment

very good lts-kernel release!

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

They'll oxidize even further, become very brittle and start to disintegrate, and one day there will be nothing left but dust in the wind.
            Isn’t there a child’s birthday party you could be crashing? Much more joy to steal there.

Comment

Originally posted by spiral_23 View Post
              very good lts-kernel release!
              They haven't said it's LTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Castillo View Post

They haven't said it's LTS.
                Which is funny because there are two news sites reporting is as LTS...though one is clearly plagiarizing the other...

9to5Linux.com
                Last but not least, Linux kernel 6.1 should be an LTS (Long Term Support) series that could receive updates for at least two years, according to renowned Linux kernel developer Greg Kroah-Hartman, who always said that the last major kernel release of a year gets LTS support.

Infonewsgo.in
                Final however not least, Linux kernel 6.1 ought to be an LTS (Lengthy Time period Assist) collection that would obtain updates for no less than two years, in keeping with famend Linux kernel developer Greg Kroah-Hartman, who all the time mentioned that the final main kernel launch of a yr will get LTS assist.

Lengthy Time period Assist

Comment

I just hope they fixed the ath9k driver otherwise I will have to still be in 5.15 T_T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tian View Post
                    I just hope they fixed the ath9k driver otherwise I will have to still be in 5.15 T_T.
                    What problem do you have?

Comment

Working...
                    X