Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Many New Features On The Horizon For Linux 6.2

Phoronix: The Many New Features On The Horizon For Linux 6.2

While Linux 6.1 is introducing many new features, for the Linux 6.2 merge window beginning next week there is a lot more on tap. Linux 6.2 has a lot of exciting additions expected from new low-level software features, continuing to lay more Rust code, new hardware support, stable Intel Arc Graphics support, and a ton more. Here is an early look at some of what is expected...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

SO, with Linux 6.1 being the 2022 LTS and the *BSD building their DRM off of the yearly LTS, does that mean we have to wait a whole year for Alchemist graphics being stable in them since that is not coming till Linux 6.2? Or will that be backported to a 6.1 point release?

Comment

Michael

And "Implement writeback mechanism for zsmalloc"

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
        SO, with Linux 6.1 being the 2022 LTS and the *BSD building their DRM off of the yearly LTS, does that mean we have to wait a whole year for Alchemist graphics being stable in them since that is not coming till Linux 6.2? Or will that be backported to a 6.1 point release?
        I doubt it will be backported in mainline kernel, but distros can do that

Comment

For my usage, I'm probably most excited about the idle / low usage power improvements, Rust, Apple hardware, and RDNA3.

Comment

Working...
          X