X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWESOME!!!!

Glad the tweets helped :-)

Comment

Honestly, the RT (not RTX, please stop kissing nvgreedias ass) obsessions is beyond stupid.

But I know why you want it, to look for a poor justification to give Ngreedia money for a 4090, because we know very well that AMD is still not going head on after the gimmick called RT.

RT will stop being a gimmick when it runs at 4K@120 FPS on a US$ GPU with a power consumption of 200W tops.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post

Honestly, the RT (not RTX, please stop kissing nvgreedias ass) obsessions is beyond stupid.

But I know why you want it, to look for a poor justification to give Ngreedia money for a 4090, because we know very well that AMD is still not going head on after the gimmick called RT.

RT will stop being a gimmick when it runs at 4K@120 FPS on a US$ GPU with a power consumption of 200W tops.
        "Portal RTX" is the actual name of the game, since it was modded/produced by Nvidia.

120fps@4k.. wow. Good luck with that even on non-RT AAA titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
          I wish AMD could/would implement HDMI 2.1 in Linux. Seems Intel might be doing it.
          Why are you interested in HDMI 2.1, aren't DisplayPort and USB Type C better options?

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post

"Portal RTX" is the actual name of the game, since it was modded/produced by Nvidia.

120fps@4k.. wow. Good luck with that even on non-RT AAA titles.
            Did I talked about that game only?

And about 120FPS@4K, havent you seen how GPU's keep getting faster and faster, so what the hell are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by gosh000 View Post

Why are you interested in HDMI 2.1, aren't DisplayPort and USB Type C better options?
              I am, but my TV has only HDMI

Comment

Personally think people will be disappointed in the perf . Hoping they are stonkers in Linux, don't care how well in windows myself.

Originally posted by Mitch View Post

I am, but my TV has only HDMI
                May I ask what HDMI 2.1 is actually needed for ?

Have a lg oled running fine at 4k/120 with my current 6800xt on the oss driver

Comment

AMD's 7900 XTX is looking like a good upgrade to my trusty 5700 XT, at least on paper it will go well with my 5950x and has better power consumption and open drivers than the ridiculous RTX 40 series.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
                    Personally think people will be disappointed in the perf . Hoping they are stonkers in Linux, don't care how well in windows myself.

I could be wrong, but both your TV and the 6800 XT have HDMI 2.1 ports.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

Ideally, 4k 120hz with vrr and HDR (once supported in Linux)

You're using an LG OLED tv with HDMI?

Comment

Working...
                      X