AMD Cezanne Laptops See Last Minute Suspend/Resume Fix With Linux 6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Cezanne Laptops See Last Minute Suspend/Resume Fix With Linux 6.1

Phoronix: AMD Cezanne Laptops See Last Minute Suspend/Resume Fix With Linux 6.1

For those running an AMD Ryzen 5000 series "Cezanne" powered laptop, squeezing into the kernel this week ahead of the Linux 6.1 debut on Sunday is a suspend/resume fix affecting various models...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now it's Intel's turn to fix black screen on resume from s2idle.

Comment

Meanwhile my all-AMD desktop from 2020 still can't resume reliably Love coming back to glitched graphics all across the screen and the system being completely unresponsive (no, Ctrl+Alt+Fx does not work) forcing a reboot.

Comment

HP Elitebook G8 855 (Ryzen 5850U) inside ... we'll see next week

But I still wait for the fix on the Qualcomm wifi/bluetooth chipset which doesn't provide bluetooth since 6.0.0 (working well with the last 5.19.17). I tried once with the 6.1-rc3 with no results.

(BTW, Linux 6.0.12 out since 2 hours)

Comment

Originally posted by mxan View Post
          Meanwhile my all-AMD desktop from 2020 still can't resume reliably Love coming back to glitched graphics all across the screen and the system being completely unresponsive (no, Ctrl+Alt+Fx does not work) forcing a reboot.
          Yeah, if I knew AMD was such a disaster with regard to basic home user activity, I would never advise my brother to buy AMD video card. "Nice to meet you, new user. How do you like me randomly turning display off while playing a Youtube video? Wait, stop, what are you doing, I can't fly!!!"
          Last edited by openminded; 15 February 2023, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TNZfr View Post
            HP Elitebook G8 855 (Ryzen 5850U) inside ... we'll see next week

But I still wait for the fix on the Qualcomm wifi/bluetooth chipset which doesn't provide bluetooth since 6.0.0 (working well with the last 5.19.17). I tried once with the 6.1-rc3 with no results.

(BTW, Linux 6.0.12 out since 2 hours)
            Bluetooth issue resolved by Linux 6.1.8

Comment

Working...
            X