Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.5 Alpha Released For Testing - Better Dark & High Contrast Theme Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 7.5 Alpha Released For Testing - Better Dark & High Contrast Theme Support

Phoronix: LibreOffice 7.5 Alpha Released For Testing - Better Dark & High Contrast Theme Support

Ahead of LibreOffice 7.5 expected to be released in February, today marks the availability of the first alpha build available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do these dark mode improvements include the ability to make the page itself dark (and white text) like in MS Office? Because otherwise I don't really get what has improved. At least on Linux, Libreoffice already works with dark GTK/Qt themes for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
      Do these dark mode improvements include the ability to make the page itself dark (and white text) like in MS Office? Because otherwise I don't really get what has improved. At least on Linux, Libreoffice already works with dark GTK/Qt themes for a very long time.
      Indeed. That's what I want too!

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
        You can do this in the current stable release. In Application Colors under Scheme, set it to LibreOffice Dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post

You can do this in the current stable release. In Application Colors under Scheme, set it to LibreOffice Dark.
          Wow, thanks!
          Really weird that I didn't notice it in settings

Comment

No problem lol I actually only found it after your post

Comment

Nice. Light themes give me headaches so I love reading about dark theme news.

Comment

Cool, LibreOffice is available on Flathub!
                Find and install hundreds of apps and games for Linux. Enjoy GIMP, GNU Octave, Spotify, Steam and many more!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  That's not official. At least I don't think it is in the minute or two I spent link clicking. Unlike Twitter, I wish Flathub had a verification and validation system so I'd know if an app was from its developers, from a Flathub developer, or from a random third party. The status quo of having to click on Publisher and then follow git links and commit histories of random people sucks hard.

With Snaps, due to it being more centralized and having a verification system in place, you know where to go and where things are coming from. I feel dirty defending Ubuntu and Snaps, but trust is the one thing that Snaps have over Flats -- You either trust Canonical or you don't. They tell you up front what is and isn't verified and recognized developers. I trust them; they make a fine distribution. I just don't like them because they Google (mothball) too many neat projects and that's made me lose confidence in them for long term reliance.

Take LibreOffice as an example. On the Snap page you can quickly see that it's from Canonical and verified whereas on the Flat page you have to click a link and then you have to figure out who some contributors are. Vetting software shouldn't be any harder than looking at the correct page; not Github profiles. How are random people supposed to know which random people on Github are trustworthy or not? The Snap way is better. A glance and you know. Flathub needs "glance and you know" technology.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

That's not official. At least I don't think it is in the minute or two I spent link clicking. Unlike Twitter, I wish Flathub had a verification and validation system so I'd know if an app was from its developers, from a Flathub developer, or from a random third party.
                    The Flatpak page in Libreoffice website mentions Flathub, so I guess it's official?
                    Btw, I recently heard Flathub will soon mention if a Flatpak is official or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X