No announcement yet.

Mesa 22.3 Released With RDNA3 Vulkan, Rusticl OpenCL, Better Intel Arc Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 22.3 Released With RDNA3 Vulkan, Rusticl OpenCL, Better Intel Arc Graphics

Phoronix: Mesa 22.3 Released With RDNA3 Vulkan, Rusticl OpenCL, Better Intel Arc Graphics

Mesa 22.3 is now officially available as the newest quarterly feature release for this set of open-source user-space graphics driver components...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Big release. Congrats to all the contributors.

Comment

If I were to buy the new 7900xt on release, where would you guys look for better offers?

Comment

Amazing release, thank you very much to all the developers!

Comment

I'm no Linux guru so forgive my ignorance, but how does one actually get the rusticl icd?

At least on Linux Mint 21.0 with Oibaf's mesa PPA (which seems to use nightly builds of mesa), the mesa-opencl-icd package still results in the older clover OpenCL implementation according to the terminal output on my Radeon HD7850...

(and yes I'm passing the corresponding environment variables to enable rusticl for radeonsi, and I even humored myself and tried both the amdgpu and radeon kernel driver)
          Last edited by NM64; 01 December 2022, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NM64 View Post
            I'm no Linux guru so forgive my ignorance, but how does one actually get the rusticl icd?

At least on Linux Mint 21.0 with Oibaf's mesa PPA (which seems to use nightly builds of mesa), the mesa-opencl-icd package still results in the older clover OpenCL implementation according to the terminal output on my Radeon HD7850...

(and yes I'm passing the corresponding environment variables to enable rusticl for radeonsi, and I even humored myself and tried both the amdgpu and radeon kernel driver)
            Proper radeonsi support was not merged yet, probably in 23.0

Comment

Originally posted by smirky View Post
              If I were to buy the new 7900xt on release, where would you guys look for better offers?
              amazon.com probably.

Comment

Steam OS, please, I need OpenCL..

Comment

can't wait for rusticl, it has a lot of potential on my AMD, its been fun tinkering with the patches

Comment

Originally posted by NM64 View Post

it's not yet enabled for R600 based cards (still missing support for nir_intrinsic_load_global and nir_intrinsic_store_global). No promises how yet when someone will implement these. I hope to get around to it during x-mas time.

Comment

Working...
                    X