Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD ROCm 5.4 Released With HIP Improvements

Phoronix: AMD ROCm 5.4 Released With HIP Improvements

Following several ROCm 5.3 point releases, AMD today shipped ROCm 5.4 as the newest version of their open-source Linux GPU compute stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There's no RDNA support to my knowledge and RDNA2 support is limited to the NAVI 21 with a setting to make some AI applications work on NAVI 22. We're still waiting for RDNA 2 support including NAVI 22 and NAVI 23 to be able to port software using the HIP based software stack and make use of these processors including all RDNA 2 notebook processors.

Comment

Originally posted by HPCtech View Post
      There's no RDNA support to my knowledge
      And what's this?

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Edit:

I've checked several issues. Things like pytorch seem to work fine for several RDNA and RDNA2 cards if you set an environment variable as follows:

export HSA_OVERRIDE_GFX_VERSION=10.3.0
      Last edited by oleid; 30 November 2022, 06:26 PM.

Comment

ROCm works just fine on navi1,2 and also vega. Point to a case where it doesn't instead of assuming it doesn't.

Comment

HIP support for RDNA3 gaming cards... here's hoping. Won't be holding my breath.

Comment

I browsed the several rocm5.4.0 source codes including rocBLAS, rocFFT, rocPRIm, and saw gfx1100 (RDNA3) is on supporting list. However there's no sign for MIOpen to support RDNA3

Comment

Working...
            X