Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBS Studio 29 Beta Brings AV1 Encode For AMD & Intel GPUs

Phoronix: OBS Studio 29 Beta Brings AV1 Encode For AMD & Intel CPUs

OBS Studio 29 Beta 1 has been released as the newest test version for this widely-used, cross-platform open-source software for screen-casting and screen-recording purposes. OBS Studio 29 most notably is adding AV1 hardware-accelerated encoding for Intel Arc Graphics and AMD Radeon GPUs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it Windows only perhaps... ?

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post
      Is it Windows only perhaps... ?
      Nope. Scroll to the bottom of the github page at the end of the article, and you'll also find mac images & source code

Comment

Originally posted by WonkoTheSaneUK View Post

Nope. Scroll to the bottom of the github page at the end of the article, and you'll also find mac images & source code
        No no, I mean that I don't think any of the changes mentioned in the article applies to the Linux version, the changes are Windows only...

For example supported with AMD AMF on Windows and not with Linux VAAPI.

Comment

No no, I mean that I don't think any of the changes mentioned in the article applies to the Linux version, the changes are Windows only...

Oh. I see what you mean now.

Comment

Are you sure about that? OBS seems to support AMD hardware encoders using ffmpeg?

Comment

Use the linux AMF encoder, vastly better than VAAPI anyway. Downside is you need to install vulkan pro.

No mention of native support for the AMF encoder yet from what I see so will need to use a custom build or add the streamfx pluggin to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

Use the linux AMF encoder, vastly better than VAAPI anyway. Downside is you need to install vulkan pro.
                I get the impression that it shouldn't be too hard for the Mesa RADV developers to add whatever interface is needed to work with the AMF library. Still, someone needs to figure it out and do it... But hey, they added support for Radeon Raytracing Analyzer so why not?!

Comment

I get the impression that it shouldn't be too hard for the Mesa RADV developers to add whatever interface is needed to work with the AMF library. Still, someone needs to figure it out and do it... But hey, they added support for Radeon Raytracing Analyzer so why not?!
                  Indeed, I guess it needs a closed library or some such which may be whats holding it up.

Comment

I don't understand this push against VAAPI and in favour of vendor specific APIs for hardware encoding and decoding. I liked it when everything that was not VAAPI a bridge was made.

Comment

Working...
                    X