Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Releases Brotli-G For GPU-Accelerated Brotli Compression

Phoronix: AMD Releases Brotli-G For GPU-Accelerated Brotli Compression

After open-sourcing its Radeon Raytracing Analyzer code last week, this week AMD's GPUOpen team has a new open-source project announcement: Brotli-G...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    AMD is releasing te Brotli-G SDK under an MIT license.

Comment

Wonderful, more open source stuff is always better to have!
      Good job and thank you very much AMD!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Typo:
        Thanks
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

To see how it scale, any benchmark to difference of performance?
          Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

I wonder if popping it into a HLSL to SPIRV converter works

Comment

just not AMD Radeon graphics products
              Shouldn't it be "not just"? In my mind this has the completely opposite meaning. I got really confused reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha_one_x86 View Post
                To see how it scale, any benchmark to difference of performance?
                Yes, weird to announce a new algo, hinting at improved performance, but not releasing any numbers.

I had to dig through the articles, but it linked to https://quixdb.github.io/squash-benc...#results-table.
                This does not contain Brotli-G numbers, but is a very nice and comprehensive comparison of compression algos.

Better than nothing, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                  I wonder if popping it into a HLSL to SPIRV converter works
                  That converter is called Clang. Just fetch the DX compiler and compile it. Or wait until upstreaming of the HLSL front-end is finished (it's pending) and upstream Clang will do the trick, won't need MS's fork anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by jochendemuth View Post
                    Yes, weird to announce a new algo, hinting at improved performance, but not releasing any numbers.

I had to dig through the articles, but it linked to https://quixdb.github.io/squash-benc...#results-table.
                    This does not contain Brotli-G numbers, but is a very nice and comprehensive comparison of compression algos.

Better than nothing, I guess.
                    The problem is some algorithm don't scale well, then use GPU to just have 30% more performance is useless
                    Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Working...
                    X