X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmfx
    replied
    Originally posted by paulocoghi View Post
    Congratulations for the GIMP developers. I'm proudly using it since 2000 for professional use, even remembering the 1.2 version release.

gimp_splash.1.11.png
    What type of professional use?
    doing a company icon for their accountant’s pdf or doing art for known projects with it ?

Leave a comment:

• You-
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeder View Post
    I wonder what features specifically are still in need of porting.
    I think the big one that is left is the menu system - they want to port it from the current one that is deprecated to the new one that AFAIK is also present in gtk4.

Other than that last I heard they still wanted to finish the new plugin API (there has been a big break due to not only gtk3 -> gtk4 but also python 2 -> python 3 and any other technologies that have been replaced over the past decade).

Leave a comment:

• Myownfriend
    replied
    How can I make a selection and then nudge the contents of the selection?

Leave a comment:

• fitzie
    replied
    Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

I still maintain a personal copy of Gimp from around that era on OpenBSD. Fast and snappy! Excellent project; even back then.

(Plus all the newer features that have been released since are far beyond my "MS Paint-style" skillset)
    I have a bunch of script-fu scripts from 1999 that I'm tempted to forward port to 3.0 once it comes out. Probably a big port. They've been generating startup warnings for ten years or so

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    Originally posted by paulocoghi View Post
    Congratulations for the GIMP developers. I'm proudly using it since 2000 for professional use, even remembering the 1.2 version release.
    I still maintain a personal copy of Gimp from around that era on OpenBSD. Fast and snappy! Excellent project; even back then.

(Plus all the newer features that have been released since are far beyond my "MS Paint-style" skillset)

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeder View Post
    You should read the linked release note which has their development dashboard and a summary of the details.

Leave a comment:

• Aeder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hyperchaotic
    replied
    Congrats to the GIMP team, once again they have managed to add a myriad of new features and worthwhile improvements to both UI and various tools. I tried some test projects with it and it's ready for me to use in my work once the resynthesizer plugin is ported.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Only 50 more steps (development releases) to go!

Leave a comment:

• paulocoghi
    replied

gimp_splash.1.11.png

Leave a comment:

Working...
X