Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP 2.99.14 Released As Another Step Toward GIMP 3.0

Phoronix: GIMP 2.99.14 Released As Another Step Toward GIMP 3.0

GIMP 2.99.14 is out this weekend as the latest development release on the way toward the elusive GIMP 3.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congratulations for the GIMP developers. I'm proudly using it since 2000 for professional use, even remembering the 1.2 version release.

gimp_splash.1.11.png

Comment

Only 50 more steps (development releases) to go!

Comment

Congrats to the GIMP team, once again they have managed to add a myriad of new features and worthwhile improvements to both UI and various tools. I tried some test projects with it and it's ready for me to use in my work once the resynthesizer plugin is ported.

Comment

I wonder what features specifically are still in need of porting.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post
            You should read the linked release note which has their development dashboard and a summary of the details.

Comment

Originally posted by paulocoghi View Post
              Congratulations for the GIMP developers. I'm proudly using it since 2000 for professional use, even remembering the 1.2 version release.
              I still maintain a personal copy of Gimp from around that era on OpenBSD. Fast and snappy! Excellent project; even back then.

(Plus all the newer features that have been released since are far beyond my "MS Paint-style" skillset)

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

I still maintain a personal copy of Gimp from around that era on OpenBSD. Fast and snappy! Excellent project; even back then.

(Plus all the newer features that have been released since are far beyond my "MS Paint-style" skillset)
                I have a bunch of script-fu scripts from 1999 that I'm tempted to forward port to 3.0 once it comes out. Probably a big port. They've been generating startup warnings for ten years or so

Comment

How can I make a selection and then nudge the contents of the selection?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post
                    I think the big one that is left is the menu system - they want to port it from the current one that is deprecated to the new one that AFAIK is also present in gtk4.

Other than that last I heard they still wanted to finish the new plugin API (there has been a big break due to not only gtk3 -> gtk4 but also python 2 -> python 3 and any other technologies that have been replaced over the past decade).

Comment

Working...
                    X