X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photom
    replied
    Originally posted by rogerx View Post
    Should also note the Intel Arc graphics cards require Wayland. Having the best experience using Wayland/Sway desktop.
    no it doesn't - it's just the current state of affair with a non-functional software stack (i915 backport DKMS) that Intel support says "we only support wayland" - use 6x Kernel and xorg works perfectly, I also think it's not up to a mishap i915 kernel backport driver crew to tell me, that only wayland will work in the future, that's silly - just because of a lack of testing their software - sorry for my rambling

Leave a comment:

• photom
    replied
    Finally Intel is completing their software stack after(!) launch date, so far I complained about AMD having their software not ready on release date, but now Intel showed me that they can do the same or worse....after buying the DG2 hardware... hmmm, nice move
    atm. you get new Intel beta drivers every few days/weeks, mostly some 5-10% performance boost for some windows games nobody really plays and some bigger blob for Intel ARC Control software, as if 1GB of driver download/Autostart software with admin rights is not enough - good job
    but the really good intel (multi-platform) software on github like media-driver, vaapi, onevpl and onevpl-gpu stuff has to run up a score for letting those silly windows-gaming-optimizations getting through in the first place. nice move, Intel management.

I just start regretting buying Intel hardware for Linux, Windows is running really fine btw.

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
    working "good" on wayfire, another wlroots based DE, still on kernel 6.0 so I have various issues like multigpu and vk issues
    just tell me is this intel arc gpu really what you hoped for ?

i hope for an honest answer.

Leave a comment:

• daGraveR
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
    well time to build drm-next again hopefully vaapi is working now
    It finally is \ o / , both encoding and decoding, tested with VLC, Firefox and Chromium on XFCE/X11.

However, for me, in Chromium (and derivatives), Vulkan needs to be disabled, as well as UseChromeOSDirectVideoDecoder; otherwise the video will become a garbled mess. This appears to be a known issue already.

Let's hope these issues will be sorted soon

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by rogerx View Post
    Should also note the Intel Arc graphics cards require Wayland. Having the best experience using Wayland/Sway desktop.

X/Xorg with i915 modesetting driver only gives me displays going into power saving mode after starting X/Xorg.

Most seem to be having good results with Wayland/Sway.
    working "good" on wayfire, another wlroots based DE, still on kernel 6.0 so I have various issues like multigpu and vk issues

Leave a comment:

• rogerx
    replied

X/Xorg with i915 modesetting driver only gives me displays going into power saving mode after starting X/Xorg.

Most seem to be having good results with Wayland/Sway.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.N0
    replied
    New benchmarks would be really cool once this hits.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    well time to build drm-next again hopefully vaapi is working now

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by doomie View Post
    Even though they really still are ;3
    But Linux 6.2 isn't even out yet

Leave a comment:

• doomie