Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL 2.26 RC1 Released While SDL3 Development Soon To Get Underway

Phoronix: SDL 2.26 RC1 Released While SDL3 Development Soon To Get Underway

SDL 2.26 RC1 was released today as the pre-release for the upcoming SDL 2.26 library...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope they improve the build system for sdl 3. The build system devs i know tell me sdl 2's is unnecesarily complicated, which makes it difficult to integrate with their own solutions ( eg: a language package manager )

Comment

GunpowderGuy
      Can you elaborate on that?
      Or encourage your build system friend developers to create an issue?
      The SDL developers would greatly appreciate this because they might not be aware of the use cases of your friends.

Comment

Originally posted by GunpowderGuy View Post
        I hope they improve the build system for sdl 3. The build system devs i know tell me sdl 2's is unnecesarily complicated, which makes it difficult to integrate with their own solutions ( eg: a language package manager )
        They have a `CMakeLists.txt`, `Makefile` for multiple platforms AND Autotools files for the old heads. How exactly are they to improve?

Comment

Originally posted by GunpowderGuy View Post
          In my experience, you can just link it like anything else.. maybe these devs are trying to vendor and static link SDL2, in which case that kinda defeats much of the point.

Comment

Originally posted by maarten View Post
            GunpowderGuy
            Can you elaborate on that?
            Or encourage your build system friend developers to create an issue?
            The SDL developers would greatly appreciate this because they might not be aware of the use cases of your friends.
            Ok, i will ask them. I dont remember precisely what they said and what i found out when i looked at integrating sdl 2 with language build systems ( build 2 and also idris's package manager i think )

Comment

Working...
            X