Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.1 Released, AlmaLinux 9.1 Out Too

Phoronix: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.1 Released, AlmaLinux 9.1 Out Too

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.1 was officially released today as the latest update to this leading enterprise Linux distribution. This afternoon also marked the release already of RHEL-derived AlmaLinux 9.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Aight, imma ditch rocky for alma since it's better"
    Should I go with that?

Comment

It was good to read the release notes with all the changes in one place.

Since I am using Centos Stream 9 I already had these updates and many more since.

Comment

Alma don't test updates properly for a server OS, just a thought..

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk View Post
          Alma don't test updates properly for a server OS, just a thought..
          Any reason you would suggest that? They seem to work better with the upstream than others and seem nice guys to boot.

You also have to remember these updates were out for months before the final release today.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post

Any reason you would suggest that?
            If I distributed a RHEL clone, I would wait to see what bugs are flagged with RHEL releases before releasing those packages myself. And I use Rocky linux who people complain release updates too slow, so just stirring the pot

Comment

If I distributed a RHEL clone, I would wait to see what bugs are flagged with RHEL releases before releasing those packages myself. And I use Rocky linux who people complain release updates too slow, so just stirring the pot
              Fair game, but just to point out that both Rocky and Alma are aiming for bug for bug compatibility. Not a single bug fix more, not a single bug fix less.

Those that want RHEL but with extra bug fixes would be using Centos Stream. Neither of them are targetting that market.

Comment

The beauty of the new RHEL model with CentOS Stream being the "public beta", is that clones can build and release the new clone release immediately since they have already done all the required work based on CentOS Stream. So I have pretty good confidence in that they have gotten the build correct already.
                I'm anyway on CentOS Stream because yolo...

Comment

Originally posted by endrebjorsvik View Post
                  I'm anyway on CentOS Stream because yolo...
                  I thought that was what Arch was for?

For those who live forever, there is LFS.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
                    "Aight, imma ditch rocky for alma since it's better"
                    Should I go with that?
                    It's always best to go back to your alma. 😉

(Bonus points to the ones that get the joke.)

Comment

Working...
                    X