AMD Releases AOMP 16.0-2 For Its Radeon OpenMP Offloading Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Releases AOMP 16.0-2 For Its Radeon OpenMP Offloading Compiler

Phoronix: AMD Releases AOMP 16.0-2 For Its Radeon OpenMP Offloading Compiler

In addition to AMD this week having released the AMD Optimizing C/C++ Compiler "AOCC" 4.0 as their LLVM/Clang downstream now with various optimizations for Zen 4, the company also released AOMP 16.0-2 as the newest version of their other LLVM/Clang downstream... AOMP is their downstream LLVM/Clang compiler focused on providing the latest Radeon OpenMP GPU offloading support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

slightly OT but the design of the Instinct coolers is really neat. Very high tech industrial looking.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      slightly OT but the design of the Instinct coolers is really neat. Very high tech industrial looking.
      They could look like the Batmobile Cooler of the 5000 series for all I care so long as they do a good job.

AMD do seem to be making slow progress with their software stack. I hope this a sign of broader hardware support coming for the 7000 series launch.

Comment

I agree!

I am also curious at the possibility of consumer gpus coming in that format. Of course, a new motherboard is needed, but still interesting.

Comment

Paradigm Shifter I do agree that's how I usually select my home PC stuff. But even though I totally support this kind of product selection it is nice to see that there is still some sane design guy left in the design department. Sometimes I got the impression that even in the professional area rgb is getting to be mandatory.

NeoMorpheus I would love to see any of the consumer lineup with this coolerdesign. Intel's Arc cards are a step forward design wise.

Comment

Paradigm Shifter I do agree that's how I usually select my home PC stuff. But even though I totally support this kind of product selection it is nice to see that there is still some sane design guy left in the design department. Sometimes I got the impression that even in the professional area rgb is getting to be mandatory.
            Oh, gawd, yes... RGB is driving me to distraction. Can't stand it. One thing I applaud Apple on - their designs are usually fairly sane stylistically (if not always in terms of durability)...

Comment

Working...
            X