Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD EPYC 9554 & EPYC 9654 Benchmarks - Outstanding Performance For Linux HPC/Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kozman
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    Wow, Intel is basically game over in the server space.
    Maybe. Maybe not. I think thermals are gonna put some folks off since these are gonna need some more thought put into existing cooling setups even if you can mess with the TDP wattage tolerances. 400W is still hella hot.

You could literally run it off the lower TDP setting for a while until purchasing puts through the PO for an A/C upgrade. If the electric bill goes up as a consequence some orgs might just hold off until they have a clearer picture of financials in the next 2 quarters.

People need to get them in their hands so the tweaking for perf / thermals can begin. Michael tested with 6.0.0-060000rc3daily20220904-generic but I'm sure we'll see better perf from 6.1 onward. Exciting stuff though!

Leave a comment:

• kozman
    replied
    Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
    All I got to say is wow!
    Indeed. Greenland is gonna hate these thermals but holy shucking fit those numbers are off the damn charts. I was expecting a little uplift over consumer Zen4 but I don't think I've ever seen such dramatic numbers for a new gen server grade CPU. Wow is an understatement.

So you guys think somewhere a cash register is ringing and Google is already gobbling these puppies up?

Leave a comment:

• deusexmachina
    replied
    Fingers crossed on Project X getting us AMD CPUs and GPUs bootstrapped with FOSS and management engines disabled!

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Wow, Intel is basically game over in the server space.

Leave a comment:

• OneTimeShot
    replied
    Ok - I think we can agree... that's more processor power than any normal person needs. You'll need to be doing something pretty insane to need this...

...and in five years' time it'll be running in a phone... ...and my desktop will still feel sluggish...

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Crazy how a single 9554 can outperform a pair of 7773Xs, which were already substantially better than Intel's offering.

Leave a comment:

• milkylainen
    replied
    All I got to say is wow!

Leave a comment:

• alberto-pv
    replied
    These are not uplift you see every day. Really impressive. And impressive Michael job!

Leave a comment:

• NeoMorpheus
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

The CPU and GPU teams are different sides of the house... But for RDNA3 will hopefully have launch day Linux review.
    Fingers crossed that the GPU team pick up this good habit from the CPU team!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
    Thanks for the review Michael. Hopefully this means that they will also send you some GPUs for testing. Looks like the tweets worked! :-)
    The CPU and GPU teams are different sides of the house... But for RDNA3 will hopefully have launch day Linux review.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X