• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dragon321
    replied
    Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
    what is dxvk native merge?
    DXVK Native was a side project based on DXVK that allowed DXVK to be built as Linux native library (by default it's building as Windows DLL) that could be used by native Linux applications. It could be used for porting Direct3D games to Linux easier (without the need to rewrite graphics code from Direct3D to OpenGL or Vulkan), as far I know Valve uses it in some of their older games. Now that work is merged into main DXVK project.

Leave a comment:

• arun54321
    replied
    what is dxvk native merge?

Leave a comment:

• WereCatf
    replied
    Originally posted by reba View Post
    So user fingerprinting and product inspection by when and which shaders that IP downloads is now a thing?
    Your aluminum foil hat is WAY too tight.

Leave a comment:

• reba
    replied
    So user fingerprinting and product inspection by when and which shaders that IP downloads is now a thing?

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    now we need to figure out how to get it to work on windows as a full DXGI pipeline replacement

Leave a comment:

• ryao
    replied
    Originally posted by user1 View Post
    With EXT_graphics_pipeline_library, do we still need all the annoying Steam shader cache downloading and compiling features?
    Things would likely be faster if you keep that in place. Precompiling the vulkan shaders will mean that you will not need as much CPU time getting shaders built when the game runs.

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied
    Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post

It's probably still quicker to download shaders than compile at launch (since downloading can happen while the system is idle and such), also I imagine EXT_graphics_pipeline_library usage probably won't completely eliminate all on-the-fly shader compilation.
    I think it will still be useful for those games that can only compile shaders at draw time, but I really don't think that it's faster. For example, I play War Thunder on Proton and before the first launch (after a new installation), it downloads about 1 GB of shaders and then Fossilize takes about 5 minutes to compile them, even on my i7 8700K. I imagine EXT_graphics_pipeline_library is going to be at least somewhat faster for games that compile shaders at loading screens compared to all the current Steam solutions.
    Last edited by user1; 10 November 2022, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• QwertyChouskie
    replied
    Originally posted by user1 View Post
    With EXT_graphics_pipeline_library, do we still need all the annoying Steam shader cache downloading and compiling features?
    It's probably still quicker to download shaders than compile at launch (since downloading can happen while the system is idle and such), also I imagine EXT_graphics_pipeline_library usage probably won't completely eliminate all on-the-fly shader compilation.

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied
    Last edited by user1; 10 November 2022, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Finally, it's been so long.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X