No announcement yet.

DXVK 2.0 Released With Many Improvements For Direct3D Over Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my case stay testing lastest git (most of this changes comes with 2.0) and shader stutter are reduced so much in some unreal engine 3 games: for now test damnation and rise of argonauts*

*them are part of next bunch of testing titles​

In both games with i had nvidia geforce gtx 1050 have much stutter​

Last edited by pinguinpc; 10 November 2022, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Finally, it's been so long.

Comment

With EXT_graphics_pipeline_library, do we still need all the annoying Steam shader cache downloading and compiling features?
        Last edited by user1; 10 November 2022, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
          With EXT_graphics_pipeline_library, do we still need all the annoying Steam shader cache downloading and compiling features?
          It's probably still quicker to download shaders than compile at launch (since downloading can happen while the system is idle and such), also I imagine EXT_graphics_pipeline_library usage probably won't completely eliminate all on-the-fly shader compilation.

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post

It's probably still quicker to download shaders than compile at launch (since downloading can happen while the system is idle and such), also I imagine EXT_graphics_pipeline_library usage probably won't completely eliminate all on-the-fly shader compilation.
            I think it will still be useful for those games that can only compile shaders at draw time, but I really don't think that it's faster. For example, I play War Thunder on Proton and before the first launch (after a new installation), it downloads about 1 GB of shaders and then Fossilize takes about 5 minutes to compile them, even on my i7 8700K. I imagine EXT_graphics_pipeline_library is going to be at least somewhat faster for games that compile shaders at loading screens compared to all the current Steam solutions.
            Last edited by user1; 10 November 2022, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
              Things would likely be faster if you keep that in place. Precompiling the vulkan shaders will mean that you will not need as much CPU time getting shaders built when the game runs.

Comment

now we need to figure out how to get it to work on windows as a full DXGI pipeline replacement

Comment

So user fingerprinting and product inspection by when and which shaders that IP downloads is now a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post
                    So user fingerprinting and product inspection by when and which shaders that IP downloads is now a thing?
                    Your aluminum foil hat is WAY too tight.

Comment

what is dxvk native merge?

Comment

Working...
                      X