Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVK Vulkan Driver Starting Work On New Compiler

Phoronix: NVK Vulkan Driver Starting Work On New Compiler

The NVK open-source NVIDIA Vulkan driver that was started earlier this year and has been progressing nicely the past few months is starting to see work now on its own shader compiler where as up to this point has been relying on existing Nouveau Mesa code for code generation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

🦀🦀​🦀🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​ Go Jason!!! 🦀🦀​🦀🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​​

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post
      🦀🦀​🦀🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​ Go Jason!!! 🦀🦀​🦀🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​🦀🦀​🦀​​
      If you are trying to amplify the hate towards Rust, you are doing a wonderful job.

Comment

Originally posted by marios View Post

If you are trying to amplify the hate towards Rust, you are doing a wonderful job.
        ?!? Excuse me? I'm just cheering for Jason...

Comment

As much as I love the name NAK, I really hope it changes, explaining acronyms to my less technologically inclined friends is... complicated enough. but in any case, cant wait to see this working, im really hoping we can get this in AX86/Waydroid

EDIT: maybe NEC for epic or NGC great.
          Last edited by Quackdoc; 08 November 2022, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

?!? Excuse me? I'm just cheering for Jason...
            Sorry for the misunderstanding. Based on the shitton of crabs that you posted, as well as your post history, I was legit thinking that you were cheering for Rust. Just like any sane person would think.
            Last edited by marios; 08 November 2022, 08:51 AM. Reason: Dissambiguation: Just like any sane person would. -> Just like any sane person would think.

Comment

Rust itself might be awesome, but building a custom Rust toolchain to build against latest llvm-git is a nightmare. At least the AUR packages were outdated and not working by default, and in the end, I ended up with a compatibility issue due to the usage of opaque pointers in the newer llvm. Great! That makes me reluctant of all the new Rust projects coming to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                As much as I love the name NAK, I really hope it changes, explaining acronyms to my less technologically inclined friends is... complicated enough. but in any case, cant wait to see this working, im really hoping we can get this in AX86/Waydroid

EDIT: maybe NEC for epic or NGC great.
                NEC is a japanese Corp ( electronic devices, parts etc). In this context certainly not favorable.

Comment

Originally posted by marios View Post

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Based on the shitton of crabs that you posted, as well as your post history, I was legit thinking that you were cheering for Rust. Just like any sane person would think.
                  Huh? I mean.. yes? I don't really understand why we even having that discussion? I'm cheering for Jason because of using Rust and put in some 🦀🦀​🦀​🦀​🦀​ (because those have escaped home). Is there a problem with that?

​

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

NEC is a japanese Corp ( electronic devices, parts etc). In this context certainly not favorable.
                    yeah but in the context of this, its less confusing then NAK at least, assuming copy right infringement isnt an issue

Comment

Working...
                    X