No announcement yet.

Open-Source AMD Linux Driver Gets Ready For 50% More VGPRs With RDNA3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugh... not sure about other platforms, but the phoronix comments editor is just horrible on android firefox... I had to edit the markup directly to fix my url, as no matter how I did it the % encoded junk was spontaneously appearing every time I pasted the clean url back in the editor

thanks for the warning!

Comment

Originally posted by marlock View Post
      ugh... not sure about other platforms, but the phoronix comments editor is just horrible on android firefox... I had to edit the markup directly to fix my url, as no matter how I did it the % encoded junk was spontaneously appearing every time I pasted the clean url back in the editor

thanks for the warning!
      Hey, a fellow Firefox for Android user!

Comment

Originally posted by LtdJorge View Post
        Hey, a fellow Firefox for Android user!
        Ugh. I don't know how/why you folks would type messages on a phone. I've read articles on my phone, but I always go for a big screen and keyboard to read/reply to forum posts.

Also, I hate what became of Firefox on Android, circa May 2021. It's still my preferred browser on the desktop, after a few config tweaks.
        Last edited by coder; 04 November 2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
          Ugh. I don't know how/why you folks would type messages on a phone.
          Because I share your impression that typing on a phone is much slower, but it's hard to use a desktop in bed, LOL.

I hate what became of Firefox on Android, circa May 2021.
          It could run smoother, but then the fault is not entirely Firefox Mobile's... All android browsers are extremely parred-down versions of their desktop counterparts, and IMHO Firefox is the least maimed one so far.

Also almost zero mobile website versions are decent... It's remarkable how frequently the desktop website versions run better on a tablet than the mobile versions, meaning web designers are mostly garbage at their jobs...

And then there is this damn trend that instead of mobile websites, all comercial establishments will either use Whatsapp, or a social network or release a 2-cent android app riddled with bugs and adsense.

All in all, it comes down to better privacy (even if the android app isn't as good at this as the desktop app) and to having my favourites and logins synced everywhere without depending on 3rd-party app/extension integration or handing everything to Google.

Mozilla still has my respect, even if they're not perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by marlock View Post
            it's hard to use a desktop in bed,
            I read books in bed, and that's it. I never watch anything or use my phone there.

Comment

Wrong. Imagination delivered it years before Nvidia launched the RTX 2000 series. According to this, they had actual hardware for sale in March, 2013:

I know it hurts, but it's a fucking fact.
              A limited tech demo at a horrible resolution? You seem not to comprehend English, amigo.

NVIDIA created an affordable mass product which can render at normal resolutions and frame rates (yes initially with the help of DLSS).

AMD fans are fans of grasping at straws, I'll give you that.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                You seem not to comprehend English, amigo.
                AMD fans are...
                just stop

leave the good part and cut this shit out, it serves no purpose than to make the forum toxic

Comment

A limited tech demo at a horrible resolution? You seem not to comprehend English, amigo.

NVIDIA created an affordable mass product which can render at normal resolutions and frame rates (yes initially with the help of DLSS).

AMD fans are fans of grasping at straws, I'll give you that.
                  My point was simply that you overstated your case. I give Nvidia credit for what they & Microsoft did.

That you have to brand someone as a fan, if they disagree with you, is an unfortunate defense mechanism. You should probably have a thicker skin, but also more humility. That combination would serve you better.

Then again, if you see your role as a cheerleader for Nvidia, I can see why you'd have a mindset to view everyone else as partisan, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie
                    So, you never had an argument in the first place and you now resort to mocking me and teaching me manners after I showed that your argument was worth shit? Woah. Bugger off. Please for the love of god, blacklist me and don't reply to my future messages. My blacklist is already full, I cannot add even more alternatively talented individuals to it.
                    See, marlock ? This is the kind of crap we routinely put up with from birdie. It's a lost cause. You just do your best to counter his misinformation and at some point you have to just ignore the rest, because it would just end up in a mud pit with all the childish insults he slings around.

He loves Nvidia, but I wonder if he realizes that he's probably done more to create a bad association in people's minds with Nvidia than any good he's done by defending it.

Comment

Crytek is a software company. Their RTRT software implementation is slow as fuck and comes with a ton of limitations.
                      Well, you didn't specify "hardware"

Comment

Working...
                      X