Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Speeds Up Mesa VA-API Video Acceleration For FFmpeg

Phoronix: Microsoft Speeds Up Mesa VA-API Video Acceleration For FFmpeg

A Microsoft engineer has landed an improvement to the Mesa Gallium3D Video Acceleration "VA" state tracker that can allow for faster video processing times and greater GPU utilization...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael please remove this article, it puts us, Microsoft haters, in an awkward position.

Comment

I begin to consider the possibility that Microsoft owns Linux.
      Last edited by MorrisS.; 22 September 2022, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Probably the first MS Mesa contribution I've seen, that benefits everyone, not just them.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          Michael please remove this article, it puts us, Microsoft haters, in an awkward position.
          It puts you naive M$ believers in 'we're stupid camp'. This is nothing in comparison to MS benefits from Open Source.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
            I begin to consider the possibility that Microsoft own Linux.
            Microsoft really own Ubuntu (Canonical).

Comment

Thank you Microsoft! ❤️

Comment

From the gitlab:

"Good implementation, we will also enable this on radeon drivers as well." - Ruijing Dong

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                  Why and where should it do that?

Originally posted by user1 View Post
                  Probably the first MS Mesa contribution I've seen, that benefits everyone, not just them.
                  Well, for not it only benefits them. I guess they only had to make it potentially compatible with other drivers to have a chance of getting it mainlined...

Comment

I don't understand what MS is getting out of this. It's a nice patch but I can't help but wonder why they're doing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X