PostgreSQL 15 Performance Improving With Faster Sorting, Many New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PostgreSQL 15 Performance Improving With Faster Sorting, Many New Features

Phoronix: PostgreSQL 15 Performanace Improving With Faster Sorting, Many New Features

The PostgreSQL 15 database server will be releasing in a few months and is yet another major release to this open-source relational database system when it comes to performance...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am sure the performance and features are great, but the userspace CLI sucks, everything is scattered under different commands, some with the pg_ prefix, some not. At least in Git all commands are under the git program, same with apt and dotnet.

Also the license, even though it is OSI-approved, it it still a vanity license.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I am sure the performance and features are great, but the userspace CLI sucks, everything is scattered under different commands, some with the pg_ prefix, some not. At least in Git all commands are under the git program, same with apt and dotnet.

But Pgadmin is very good

Comment

Originally posted by ferry View Post

But Pgadmin is very good
        If you know how to setup it up on a web server. It would be be nice with a desktop application.

Comment

If you know how to setup it up on a web server. It would be be nice with a desktop application.
          It is a desktop application when installed via APT, RPM or under Windows and macOS.

Comment

This re-tarded shit surely doesn't need to be copy-pasted into every comment thread regarding PostgreSQL?

Comment

Microsoft developer talks about PostgreSQL. Isn't it an alternative to MS SQL Server.
              Last edited by Setif; 22 May 2022, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post
                Microsoft developer talk about PostgreSQL. Isn't it an alternative to MS SQL Server.
                It is, but that doesn't stop them from selling it alongside MSSQL.

Comment

Yeah, pgAdmin 3 was a nice desktop application that I miss. But pgAdmin 4 is pretty much the same to set up (on Ubuntu). Psychologically, I find it irritating to know that there is an unnecessary web server running in the background. Other then that, it's brilliant and for me makes it the goto sql server. Good client support from LibreOffice Base too.

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

It is, but that doesn't stop them from selling it alongside MSSQL.
                    Haha, that's brilliant. I was already wondering why MS was putting resources into a FOSS competitor. Great news, thanks MS!

Comment

Working...
                    X