Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• libvirt 8.0 Virtualization API Released

Phoronix: libvirt 8.0 Virtualization API Released

Libvirt 8.0 has been released for this open-source Virtualization API and associated daemon/tools for managing KVM, Xen, and other hypervisors...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...px=libvirt-8.0

I would like to see crosvm support from libvirt eventually, it could be a good addition,

Comment

I'd like to see a few more controls/options exposed via Cockpit's webUI for creating and managing VMs.
      Cockpit UI for virtual machines. Contribute to cockpit-project/cockpit-machines development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by johncall View Post
        I'd like to see a few more controls/options exposed via Cockpit's webUI for creating and managing VMs.
        I am six one way, half dozen the other, I doubt cockpit will ever get the point of virtmanager even. so ill keep using both for a long time most likely

Comment

I'd like to see performance improvements for the resolving of DHCP requests from libvirt's internal DHCP stack. It's not a huge thing for wider use of libvirt, but on my laptop I can watch the DHCP request from a VM go out. PXE booting a VM where the PXE server is either the host system or another local VM is especially frustrating. Takes an inordinate amount of time when the data files are all local. I will sit there *willing* it to be faster. Seems to take forever. Watched kettle and all that.

Do DHCP requests default to timing out on any/every available network before trying the libvirft DHCP stack?

Comment

Working...
          X