Mesa 21.2 Released With New Intel Crocus Driver, PanVK, Early M1 Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 21.2 Released With New Intel Crocus Driver, PanVK, Early M1 Code

Phoronix: Mesa 21.2 Released With New Intel Crocus Driver, PanVK, Early M1 Code

Mesa 21.2 is out as the latest quarterly update to this open-source Linux graphics driver stack for user-space, most notably providing the Intel and Radeon OpenGL/Vulkan drivers among others...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if it fixes incorrect rendering in Left 4 Dead 2 running Vulkan on a R290 with the RADV driver. Everything is blinking profusely and it is completely unplayable.

I haven't logged a bug report though.

Comment

Azpegath Not seeing such bug with my Fury. Must be specific to the R290 or something else in your setup. You should probably file a bug report.

Comment

Been running the Crocus driver with a bunch of games without any issues on an old laptop with a N2840 Baytrail CPU.

Didn't run any benchmark but performance is pretty much on par with the old i965.

Maybe I'll try a few dx9 games with gallium nine since the GPU doesn't support a full vulkan implementation.

Nice release overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
          I haven't logged a bug report though.
          Check the proton github for the game, often you can add to the issue and discover whats wrong with your setup. (if that is the issue).

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post

Check the proton github for the game, often you can add to the issue and discover whats wrong with your setup. (if that is the issue).
            But the game doesn't use Proton.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

But the game doesn't use Proton.
              I forgot it was native for that game. You could try Mesa 21.2. Alternatively install AMDVLK driver and enable that via the ICD loader ( VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/amd_icd32.json:/usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/amd_icd64.json %command% )

Comment

I'm super happy about crocus, gonna be testing it on bunch of my old thinkpads and elitebooks.

btw a bit offtopic: I remember there was post about standalone gallium Nine with native linux binary. (cannot find now) Was there any update on the topic?

Comment

Originally posted by ShFil View Post
                  I remember there was post about standalone gallium Nine with native linux binary. (cannot find now) Was there any update on the topic?
                  https://github.com/iXit/wine-nine-standalone, available via winetricks.

Tested Crocus on Sandy Bridge HD 3000 with gallium-nine.
                  NFS Underground and Underground 2 shows about 30-40% more performance and less CPU load.
                  GTA San Andread, on the contrary, have "black" people models (no textures) and lead up to unrecoverable GPU hang.

Sadly, Intel bugtracker usually does not receive any reply on bugs for such and old platform.

Comment

cool stuff, updated: https://t2sde.org/packages/mesa

Comment

Working...
                    X