Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Year's L-Shaped Desk Build Has Been Holding Up Well

Phoronix: Last Year's L-Shaped Desk Build Has Been Holding Up Well

As a quick follow-up to last year's L-shaped desk build for accommodating plenty of displays, laptops, and more, it's still working out very well...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

My dude, you need some zip ties. Cables and adapters and power bricks all dangly and shit. Looks like you cable managed the Winix thingy's power cable, looked right, and said "screw it, that's good enough".
    Last edited by skeevy420; 13 June 2021, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I envy your ability to keep your work space clean lol, mines always filled with misc junk like dongles and clipped wires

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        My dude, you need some zip ties. Cables and adapters and power bricks all dangly and shit. Looks like you cable managed the Winix thingy's power cable, looked right, and said "screw it, that's good enough".
        I would recommend Velcro instead of zip-ties. You can buy a large roll for pretty cheap, and it's much easier to change something if you use velcro. You can even screw the velcro into the table.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          He's probably moving stuff around a lot for testing. You wouldn't want to tie yourself down in that case.

Comment

No beer cooler? How do you manage to get any real work done here?

Comment

Awesome setup man. I am jealous of your space available.

Comment

The floors are still looking good too!

Comment

Not much can beat a good solid lump of wood for a desk.

Comment

Isn't a desk without drawers just a table?

Comment

Working...
                    X