Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Begins Rolling Out QUIC + HTTP/3 Support

Phoronix: Firefox Begins Rolling Out QUIC + HTTP/3 Support

QUIC and HTTP/3 support is now appearing in Firefox Nightly and Beta build while it will begin its roll-out with the upcoming Firefox 88 stable release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I like Firefox but it misses some things:
    • HTML dialog element.
    • CSS font-family "system-ui".
    • Password visibility toggle on input with type="password".
    • Entry clear button on input type="search".
    • Dark mode on the about:newtab page.
    • Poor handling of input-by-typing and input-by-pasting on input type="datetime-local".
    • Poor handling of the max attribute on input type="datetime-local", you can still enter 6-digit-year even with max date set to 9999-12-31.
    • Private fields in JavaScript ES6 classes.

Comment

I cannot believe that Mozilla, the founders of Rust, are wasting their efforts by writing the code for HTTP 3 support in the shrivelling C++ language. So now they have by definition introduced dozens of security holes into this new code!!!?? And next year they have to rewrite in Rust because nothing else would make sense.! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
        I cannot believe that Mozilla, the founders of Rust, are wasting their efforts by writing the code for HTTP 3 support in the shrivelling C++ language. So now they have by definition introduced dozens of security holes into this new code!!!?? And next year they have to rewrite in Rust because nothing else would make sense.! WTF!
        Umm, as far as I can tell this HTTP/3 code actually was written in Rust.

Based off this project: https://github.com/mozilla/neqo

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I like Firefox but it misses some things:
          • HTML dialog element.
          • CSS font-family "system-ui".
          • Password visibility toggle on input with type="password".
          • Entry clear button on input type="search".
          • Poor handling of input-by-typing and input-by-pasting on input type="datetime-local".
          • Poor handling of the max attribute on input type="datetime-local", you can still enter 6-digit-year even with max date set to 9999-12-31.
          • Private fields in JavaScript ES6 classes.
          Again with this list?

(While I mostly agree with it, you seem to repeat it on every Firefox thread...)

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Again with this list?

(While I mostly agree with it, you seem to repeat it on every Firefox thread...)
            Yeah, but I think they fixed some things though, such as adding DevTools support for WebSockets and Server-Sent Events.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              I like Firefox but it misses some things: ...
              There is dark mode on the about:newtab page since like forever...

Comment

Originally posted by lamka02sk View Post

There is dark mode on the about:newtab page since like forever...
                It is only if you put Firefox to use it's dark mode theme. If you use a dark GTK theme then the about:newtab page isn't in dark mode, however the about: preferences mode gets set to dark mode.
                Last edited by uid313; 17 April 2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
                  So now they have by definition introduced dozens of security holes into this new code!!!?? And next year they have to rewrite in Rust because nothing else would make sense.! WTF!
                  Speaking of making sense, I don't think what you said, especially what I highlighted in bold, makes much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by klapaucius View Post

Speaking of making sense, I don't think what you said, especially what I highlighted in bold, makes much sense.
                    It does on Phoronix where Rust is Holy and everything else is the Devil.

Comment

Working...
                    X