Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan 1.2.175 Published With Many New Extensions

Phoronix: Vulkan 1.2.175 Published With Many New Extensions

Vulkan 1.2.175 is now public as the latest Vulkan API specification and it's bringing with it many new extensions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

VK_EXT_vertex_input_dynamic_state sounds really useful. Unfortunately, the only google search result for more detail is this page.

Comment

Originally posted by kdemello1980 View Post
      VK_EXT_vertex_input_dynamic_state sounds really useful. Unfortunately, the only google search result for more detail is this page.
      I call that the Phoronix Paradox.

Comment

Wow, the video encode/decode extensions really get me excited. If they do what they sound like they do, this could make app development so much easier in certain areas. In a time where every browser, messenger or game needs this capabilities, it could be a big deal in the non-apple world. And who knows, maybe MoltenVK can even implement those extensions.

Comment

I've heard that the vaapi encoding is bad because it can't pipeline frames, so the encoding engine will not be working at maximum efficency. The OMX and AMF encoding interfaces are supposed to be better in that regard...

So I hope this interface has good pipelining support!

Comment

I heard the Gnome dev team suggested that it should be version 12175.

Comment

Obligatory https://xkcd.com/927/

Comment

Working...
              X