Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavapipe CPU-Based Vulkan Ported To Windows

Phoronix: Lavapipe CPU-Based Vulkan Ported To Windows

Lavapipe as Mesa's CPU-based Vulkan driver implementation akin to LLVMpipe for OpenGL can now run on Microsoft Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Excited to see if the RADV on Windows effort offers an argument to have a common userspace for AMD GPUs based on Mesa rather than their other thing; maybe it also starts looking good to Intel.

Comment

If you're gonna pipe lava into windows I hope you have good fire insurance.

But RADV on Windows...I honestly thought we'd have an AMD control panel on Linux before that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
        Excited to see if the RADV on Windows effort offers an argument to have a common userspace for AMD GPUs based on Mesa rather than their other thing; maybe it also starts looking good to Intel.
        What RADV on Windows efforts? This is the first time I hear of anything like that.

Comment

Can it run crysis?

Comment

Originally posted by baryluk View Post
            What RADV on Windows efforts? This is the first time I hear of anything like that.
            It's literally mentioned in the article this thread is for lol.

Comment

Originally posted by baryluk View Post

That's misleading. Someone is porting the shader compiler and related bits in radv to work on Windows. It doesn't mean you can start running games on it.
              Last edited by smitty3268; 25 February 2021, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
                will radv on windows support what amd customers use on windows(directx)?
                btw, radv even on linux doesn't support radeon kernel driver, only amdgpu. and i guess there's no amdgpu kernel driver on windows

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  But RADV on Windows...I honestly thought we'd have an AMD control panel on Linux before that happen.
                  well, considering amd control panel on linux makes zero sense, future of radv on windows doesn't look bright to you

Comment

Its not a runtime port, they want to use aco and vulkan api for off-line compioe

Comment

Working...
                    X