Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 40 Alpha Released

Phoronix: GNOME 40 Alpha Released

GNOME 40 is now available as the first step towards releasing this updated Linux desktop environment in March...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i think Ubuntu has the best move here. first release of Gnome40 will be Half Baked

Comment

mobile...mobile...adaptive...adaptive
      Come on guys, I thought you were developing some common sense. It’s not going to happen.

Comment

Introducing gnome v4 !

screenshots maybe ??

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
          Introducing gnome v4 !

screenshots maybe ??
          search through Phoronix an you'll find some an over at Planet Gnome

Comment

Epiphany, GNOME's Web Browser, has disabled the safe-browsing phishing protection due to Google's changed Terms of Service around API keys in open-source projects.
            I am surprised that there is no news and no discussion regarding the future use or non-use of Google SafeBrowsing in Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by patrakov View Post

I am surprised that there is no news and no discussion regarding the future use or non-use of Google SafeBrowsing in Firefox.
              without Google, Mozilla are nothing, thats why there's a whole lotta google crap in firefox

Comment

Originally posted by patrakov View Post

Yeah. Getting rid of "Safe Browsing" is actually GOOD. Google nowadays bans websites on a whim, with no good way to contest the inclusion of your site into the list. Given how widespread "Safe Browsing" usage is, that means the site is essentially banned completely and almost everywhere.

Comment

I'll second that. Google has really turned a dark leaf recently. I've stopped using Google entirely as my primary search engine (using DuckDuckGo now) because some of their search results have become seriously biased and downright propagandic.

I'm thinking about ditching gmail next. It used to be that I could read my emails, click any link in the message and it would go directly to where the author of the message intended me to go. But now, I can see Google is actually re-writing the HTML of email messages so that all links go through Google's servers before being redirected to the final destination. That seems way too creepy to me. They're obviously tracking my reactions to emails, and if they're re-writing my incoming emails, how do I know they won't be changing the destinations or contents out for "Google approved" propaganda?

Any suggestions? Looking for very low bandwidth. Protonmail would be good, except I think it downloads a pretty hefty pile of data everytime I just want to check my mail.
                  Last edited by ed31337; 26 January 2021, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

without Google, Mozilla are nothing, thats why there's a whole lotta google crap in firefox
                    google can go to hell. I'm not using this spying nazi crap anymore and I'm using Firefox just fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X