The State of GNOME 40's Threaded Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leipero View Post

Just don't use wayland, it's nowhere near usable despite what others might say.
    Yes I'm back on X which is pretty good these days, but outside of the cursor issues, Wayland is basically usable for me. I just can't use Wayland with the cursor freezing under load. It looks like garbage and completely kills the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post

Just don't use wayland, it's nowhere near usable despite what others might say.
      While this is true for most DEs out there, Gnome is a few steps ahead. I would go as far as to say that there are no showstoppers unless somewhat degraded performance is one for you personally. At least if you mostly run GTK-based software and don't intent to run e.g. KDE apps on the side. My only daily non-native apps are Firefox (which also runs in Wayland mode) and Atom editor (which relies on XWayland).

Comment

Critical features still being implemented? So why isn't it still in alpha stage? The pure definition of alpha is not being feature complete.

Comment

Originally posted by lakerssuperman View Post
          Yes I'm back on X which is pretty good these days, but outside of the cursor issues, Wayland is basically usable for me. I just can't use Wayland with the cursor freezing under load. It looks like garbage and completely kills the experience.
          It's not just the cursor, also games with high GPU load stutter badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
            Anyone know how KDE handle this matter?
            By not blocking the main thread.

Comment

Working...
            X