Chrome 88 Released With Security Fixes, Adobe Flash Removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Avant

At least, the good thing is, not mentioned in the article, it's the first version ever that supports hardware accelerated video decoding on linux.
    I was about to say this. Just type "about:flags", them enable "Override software rendering list" and "Hardware-accelerated video decode", them restart the thing.

But in my tests, it didn't work in everything. Here it works on a RX550, but I believe I tested it a month ago with a Ryzen 3400G and i didn't work, but on Firefox was accelerating even VP9 videos (on the 3400g).

Comment

Originally posted by piorunz View Post
      Why uses spying Chrome anyway?
      Oh, you are upset about that? So I sincerely hope you also abstain to:

- Use a smartphone;
      - Use a third party e-mail provider;
      - Use any online service, free or paid;

Among another things.

Even Firefox come with "telemetry"on by default. So I hope you do your part to remain anonymous, otherwise "Spying Chrome" is just childish bellyaching.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        But in my tests, it didn't work in everything. Here it works on a RX550, but I believe I tested it a month ago with a Ryzen 3400G and i didn't work, but on Firefox was accelerating even VP9 videos (on the 3400g).
        Excuse my ignorance, but how to you check it's doing it? Just by eyeballing or is there a more formal method?

Comment

Originally posted by mmplx View Post

Excuse my ignorance, but how to you check it's doing it? Just by eyeballing or is there a more formal method?
          Oh, I now see there is chrome://gpu/ !

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

whats the difference, the FBI spy on you, the Federal Government spies on you. they do it incase your involved in some criminal activity. if you got a Mobile Phone, the Feds an Police spy on you.
            There's a difference between somewhat lawful spying by government agencies and being datamined for profit by a private corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp650 View Post
              That's terrible, Chrome is truly becoming the new Internet Explorer.
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by jpp650 View Post
                Ah Embrace Enhance Extinguish Google edition

Comment

Originally posted by kvuj View Post

Isn't chrome (chromium) one of the best browser in terms of security?
                  No, that would be the forks of it that removes the spyware.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Oh, you are upset about that? So I sincerely hope you also abstain to:

- Use a smartphone;
                    - Use a third party e-mail provider;
                    - Use any online service, free or paid;

Among another things.

Even Firefox come with "telemetry"on by default. So I hope you do your part to remain anonymous, otherwise "Spying Chrome" is just childish bellyaching.
                    No need. I disable the location service on my smartphone,and live in Europe where collecting personal data is illegal, and Firefox asks you, you can decline. Not even sure what the default is in firefox, but it did ask.

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

There's a difference between somewhat lawful spying by government agencies and being datamined for profit by a private corporation.
                      Governments are being ruled by third party corporations and private media. What's worse dumb people think it's ok when youtube or some other trash creates false reality. Government has no right to spy someone innocent unless it's nazi or communist governemnt (even if it claims it's democratic one).
                      Last edited by Volta; 20 January 2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X