Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Microsoft Surface Support Is On The Way With Linux 5.12

Phoronix: Better Microsoft Surface Support Is On The Way With Linux 5.12

More improvements for Microsoft Surface laptops on Linux are set to land for Linux 5.12...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting...maybe I can new purpose to my wife's six old Surface. Actually turn it into something useful as opposed to the paperweight that it is now.
    GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Maximilian Luz is the maintainer of https://github.com/linux-surface/linux-surface/

Very exciting that this work is finally going upstream.

Comment

........that was developed through reverse engineering .............
        Remember!

Microsoft loves Linux! Should be all contributors with a microsoft.com email address or namespace.

/sarc

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

Remember!

Microsoft loves Linux! Should be all contributors with a microsoft.com email address or namespace.

/sarc
          I am certain that that will happen.... . But I will do my part. I do have a hotmail address, I will use that if and when I convert my wife's old Surface to linux.

It will then be a Windows System with Linux...my very own WSL. I think it is a Surface 2, so it will be a WSL2.
          Last edited by f0rmat; 18 January 2021, 03:05 AM. Reason: Grammar
          GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Cool, now the only things missing for my SF4 PRO which are not mainline (AFAIR) are the the Intel touchscreen driver (it would seem Intel has no love for it) and camera support. Kudos to the people which made it possible to get the platform controller mainline!

Comment

Working...
            X