Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Seeing More Bug Fixes Following Plasma 5.20

Phoronix: KDE Seeing More Bug Fixes Following Plasma 5.20

KDE developers remain very busy this autumn working on fixes for the recently released Plasma 5.20 and related software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The application menu doesn't work right on Plasma Wayland (among other things), but apparently that's not on a priority list

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      The application menu doesn't work right on Plasma Wayland (among other things), but apparently that's not on a priority list
      If it's high in your priority list, you are very welcome to send patches. I'm sure people will find time to review them.

Comment

Can you be more specific? It works fine for me. What's the problem? Is there a bug report tracking the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by stikonas View Post

If it's high in your priority list, you are very welcome to send patches. I'm sure people will find time to review them.
          If you don't know how to program using C, C++, CMake and the Qt/KDE libraries, you cannot send any useful patches. I'm sure people will not find time to learn, as they would rather do anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

If you don't know how to program using C, C++, CMake and the Qt/KDE libraries, you cannot send any useful patches. I'm sure people will not find time to learn, as they would rather do anything else.
            True, but a lack of specific programming skills is not a reason to not create a bug report. if people want to whine from the sidelines about bugs that affect them, they should show us a bug report number

Comment

Originally posted by rtfazeberdee View Post

True, but a lack of specific programming skills is not a reason to not create a bug report. if people want to whine from the sidelines about bugs that affect them, they should show us a bug report number
              All the bug reports I have made are duplicates, except for 1 or 2.
              Last edited by tildearrow; 24 October 2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Seems like according to you, everything is wrong with KDE. I don't understand why you keep using it.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post
                  Can you be more specific? It works fine for me. What's the problem? Is there a bug report tracking the issue?
                  Well, I can't say for bug77, but for me menu in Wayland is unusable, because I use global menu as button on title. I don't like classic menu, it just takes space. There are bug reports about it:

There are also a lot of other Wayland issues, like unusable Firefox, blurred XWayland apps (upscaled from 96 DPI), sticky window menu, flashing desktop settings window, upscaled ugly cursor, etc. Should I check and report all those bugs or Wayland is just considered not ready yet (that how it feel, tbh) and those issues are known just not fixed yet?

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into those menu issues. The other issues are all known. We're working on them.

But no, Wayland is not considered generally ready for everyone. It's still effectively a tech preview that just happens to work perfectly for some people with some use cases.

Comment

Working...
                    X