Linux Kernel Preparing New Guidelines For Using Inclusive Terminology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Kernel Preparing New Guidelines For Using Inclusive Terminology

Phoronix: Linux Kernel Preparing New Guidelines For Using Inclusive Terminology

Prominent upstream Linux kernel developers are working on adding "inclusive terminology" guidelines to the Linux kernel coding style requirements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Instead of doing this can you make the freaking thing work first?!

Music production is almost impossible or too complicated under Linux!
    Video production is almost non-existent (or again, too complicated)

And even so, when trying, IT ALL CRASHES at random LIKE FREAKING NOTHING!!!!!!!!1

Like right now I tried to use Rosegarden to barely synchronize OpenMPT to an audio file, and then click on a button and boom, crash

Tell me why does it ALWAYS crash! Is this the reason? Because we waste time doing nonsense like this?!

Comment

Yeah what's next? Rename the "kill" program to "terminate" because some crazy people think "kill" involves death, crime or murder?

Comment

Ugh, I can't stop talking... Actually, to me, changing the terminology would be MORE DISTRACTING than the current one :l :l :l :l :l

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Yeah what's next? Rename the "kill" program to "terminate" because some crazy people think "kill" involves death, crime or murder?
          To be more precise, "kill" is used to send a signal, so yeah, probably there is a more describing term needed, because people get this wrong

Comment

Music production is almost impossible or too complicated under Linux!
            Video production is almost non-existent (or again, too complicated)

And even so, when trying, IT ALL CRASHES at random LIKE FREAKING NOTHING!!!!!!!!1

Like right now I tried to use Rosegarden to barely synchronize OpenMPT to an audio file, and then click on a button and boom, crash

Tell me why does it ALWAYS crash! Is this the reason? Because we waste time doing nonsense like this?!
            This article is referring to the kernel, not whatever you're going on about.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

This article is referring to the kernel, not whatever you're going on about.
              I know, but sadly the rest of the ecosystem is doing roughly the same thing.

Haven't you seen how many projects adopted that horrible CoC?

Comment

Ugh, I can't stop talking... Actually, to me, changing the terminology would be MORE DISTRACTING than the current one :l :l :l :l :l
                So how about listening instead. going full Karen everytime inclusivity is mentioned and ask yourself "what is the problem they are trying to solve" and then try to understand the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

So how about listening instead. going full Karen everytime inclusivity is mentioned and ask yourself "what is the problem they are trying to solve" and then try to understand the problem.
                  You know there isn't any REAL problem with "whitelist/blacklist" at all, right?
                  Those are about light! Like a bright light being a good path and a dark corridor being evil. Is it that hard to understand?

There is NO freaking skin color or race involved when we say "whitelist/blacklist".

...ugh, I'm not talking to you anymore. I won't talk to CoC (corru-*cough*) supporters.

Comment

Um, probably that's a problem with the app or a library and nothing to do with the kernel. ...unless you mean it kernel-panics??

Assuming you're just talking about the app crashing, your best bet is to enable core files, collect a backtrace, and submit a bug report against the app which crashed.

Comment

Working...
                    X