Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devuan 3.0 Released For Debian 10 Without Systemd

Phoronix: Devuan 3.0 Released For Debian 10 Without Systemd

Two years after the release of Devuan 2.0 and just a few months since the Beowulf beta, Devuan 3.0 "Beowulf" is now officially available as this Linux distribution providing a Debian package set not dependent upon systemd...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have to admit that, although it's a waste of time, I admire the perseverance.

Comment

New to Devuan 3.0 is PPC64EL support
      should be PPC64LE Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mskarbek View Post
        So what. They are only wasting their own time, it's not like you are being forced to take any notice. If what they are doing works for them, then it's a success for them. That's what FOSS is for.

Comment

I recently brought up a "Void Linux" VirtualMachine -- no systemd. Really nice, overall. I'm not yet comfortable with Void's package manager, but getting there. Web-search and Reddit have been very helpful. SystemD is not at all missed.

Comment

Wow, really. Why....

Comment

Good to see. I used the Beowulf testing repos last year for a couple months and had excellent results. After nearly a year of extra work by the devs, this should be a very solid release. I did not realize they were making runit and openrc options - this will be quite a bit of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mskarbek View Post
                Devuan is a Sisyphean task that they have chosen to bear, which is their right.

Comment

4.19 kernel? WTAF! We should fork Devuan and replace this bloatware with a 2.6.x kernel.

Comment

Now Debian, see this!

​​​​​​... And be free to remove any traces from sysv from my preferred distros. Should remove several MB's of dead luggage that found a home elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                    X