Wine 5.9 Released With Latest WineD3D Vulkan Capabilities, DLL Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 5.9 Released With Latest WineD3D Vulkan Capabilities, DLL Improvements

Phoronix: Wine 5.9 Released With Latest WineD3D Vulkan Capabilities, DLL Improvements

Wine 5.9 is out as the latest bi-weekly development release for this software allowing Windows games and applications to generally run quite gracefully on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Major progress on the WineD3D Vulkan backend.

Comment

I'd say too little too late. They should have collaborated with dxvk developers.

Comment

shmerl read this. They want collabora but... https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/win...ry/138023.html

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
          I thought they already resolved communication issues, so it's still not clear why they couldn't collaborate.

Comment

i thought wine devs wanted dxvk devs to rewrite everything in their (wine) C version (im not sure which one use which version of C).

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I thought they already resolved communication issues, so it's still not clear why they couldn't collaborate.
              resuming them dont have any interest in dxvk

however for many users, actually wined3d development is less important thanks to dxvk

Comment

DXVK dev have one of bad attitude you can find in open source community

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
                  DXVK dev have one of bad attitude you can find in open source community
                  This must be a troll...?

Comment

Well, if history says something about the future i suspect Wine version 12.7 will introduce quasi performance parity with DXVK 1.4 and be compatible with at least 30% of the games proton and DXVK are and won't work on Wayland even tho by then X11 could have 4 years out of all mainstream distros

Comment

Working...
                    X